The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boot fitting

Hi guys!

I bought some Burton boots recently but I have some questions about which ones I should choose based on their fit.

Out of the box, the Moto 44 seem to have the best fit (comfortably tight in the heels and my toes barely feel the front of the boot when putting weight in the heels), while in the Highline 43.5 my toes feel a bit more constrained (barely not bending, but no space to move).

Since both boots feature Burton’s “Total Comfort” in their specs, should I expect that the Highline 43.5 are going to be more comfortable in the toes after breaking them in, or should I choose the Moto 44 which are more comfortable out of the box?

Also the AMB 44 fit tighter than the Moto 44, but equally comfortable in the toes. Since they’re medium support compared to the others which are soft, would that be problematic since I’m a beginner and they would be my first pair of boots?

Thanks!

Hey @yannis,

It’s hard to say. You need to get a boot that fits your foot shape best. It’s difficult to diagnose without a boot fit. My suggestion would be to go to a store and get a boot fit. If you have to keep one of those boots, I’d say whichever gives a better OVERALL FIT, while being SNUG, and COMFORTABLE. Whatever that means to you. wink