Tried surfing in the Philippines?

Any of you here who have tried surfing in the beaches of the Philippines? What was your experience?

yep been twice in the mid-late 90s. surfed siargo island, mostly cloud 9 and the breaks around it.
all reef breaks no beachies. id imagine crowds would be bad there now, as a lot of locals were starting to surf years ago. there were issues with thieves/terrorists back then. we had armed security protecting our camp first trip. Mindanao is south a is where there is a big problem with kidnappings murders etc.
theres waves all round the whole island chain, do some research, and go. peak time is typhoon season which I think about august till nowish. it is hit and miss though. first trip didn’t get over 3 ft in 2.5 weeks second trip didn’t get smaller than 3ft in 3 weeks.

Friends of mine went years ago to Cloud 9 and never got it over 3ft for two weeks.  I’ve never been and there’s a hell of a lot of places on my list to visit and the Phillipines don’t even make that list.  Plenty of les dangerous places with better waves but that’s just me.  Another guy I know lived over there for years and raved about it.  Horses for courses and all that!

if you get cloud 9 on, its a really really good wave. long deep barrels.  gets heavy over
5-6ft though. ive got scars to show for it lol
theres also a right that wraps around an island in the middle of nowhere out to sea. real
high performance wave. surfed it at 3ft and was really fun. got a heap of pics in an album
I could dig up, but I gotta scan em, upload etc. to lazy for that wink

No but I would love to.

MichelleACrompton - 09 November 2016 07:02 PM

No but I would love to.

-

then why not go?? its a beautiful country. pretty cheap. not hordes of aussie bogans like you find in kuta lol