The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Cannabis Thread

Poll: Legalisation of medical and recreational cannabis - Do you?
Total Votes: 30
Smoke and support
Smoke and don’t support
Don’t smoke and support
Don’t smoke and don’t support
saltyseadog - 10 August 2016 07:20 PM

This popped up in mainstream media today….

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/human-body/endurance-athletes-are-proving-smoking-weed-can-actually-help-with-athletic-performance/news-story/81cebc9d05ca6e43da5764f5dfb2c425

Interesting read, but I think the final paragraph sums it up best:

“Everybody likes to overanalyse it,” he said. “I’m not looking for any kind of advantage. I like being high and going on runs. It’s fun, it’s freeing, and it’s a good opportunity to escape from the rest of the world.”

This article, in this thread, on this forum, on this website speaks volumes.

http://www.theinertia.com/mountain/opinion-lets-normalize-marijuana-and-make-prescription-pain-killers-taboo/

This has popped up on vice.com.

Victoria is a progressive state and this would cement their progression and hopefully other states and territories would follow suit.

“Victorian parliament will debate the legalisation of recreational weed next month if state MP Fiona Patten, leader of the Australian Sex Party, has her way. The vocal proponent of recreational cannabis—she is open about her own use of the drug—will move a motion today for parliament to debate the issue on September 14.”

More here

It’s ridiculous that the Australian government (with the support of the Labor party) has made CBD only available by prescription here.

Stellvadore - 22 July 2016 03:13 PM

I support it for rec & medicinal but also wish we had CBD oil and hemp products more available to us…. It is such an incredibly healing plant for so many uses… FREE THA WEED.. haha

I’ll say what’s been said a million times. Alcohol is 50 times more dangerous than THC. or to the layman, Marijuana. Think about CO, recreational use of pot has been legal there for years now and there has been no problems because of it. I saw a report that said traffic accidents were up because of pot. NOT TRUE. The accidents are up everywhere cause people can’t put their phones down for 20 min to get where their going without running up someone’s ars. The point is pot should be legal. It’s the best pain killer in the world and doesn’t come with the terrible physical addiction as opiates do.

Yes, of course legalize! If it were possible to legalize marijuana only for medicine, I would sign such a petition. I don’t want people Smoking marijuana for fun. I smoke VAPE and recently I tried cbd cartridges for it. I decided to try it because I couldn’t sleep. I had been suffering from insomnia for five years. I tried it and it helped. I don’t smoke them for fun. Cbd cartridges help me sleep. If someone is looking for, then I buy cartridges here knockoutcbd.com

I believe that it is necessary to vote for the legalization of marijuana for medical purposes. Marijuana drugs are very popular and help with pain and diseases of the nervous system. I had this situation five years ago. I couldn’t sleep and didn’t know what to do. My doctor prescribed me a sleeping pill, but it didn’t help. Then he suggested CBD oil. I ordered it from a specialty store, thehempire.com and I really liked it. A week later, I was able to sleep for the first time in a long time. This is why I advise anyone who needs treatment with CBD oil.