The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler 2016/17

Hey everyone, I’m finney,  been in Whistler for a little while now, standard story originally came here for one season back in 2008 and fell in love with the place and coming up to my 8th winter here. I’ve picked up a bit of knowledge over the years so I’ll do my best to jump in and answer any questions you guys have throughout the season.

I also work for ziptrek so if anyone is interested in going on a ziplining tour let me know and I should be able to sort you out with a nice little discount.  wink

Looking forward to meeting this years BW crew for some shredding once the mountain opens shaka

@Phedder thanks so much for all the info!!! I ended up going with fairmont and got myself into staff accom too ??

@finney what a sick job! Zip lining is definitely on my list of things to do. Tre Sasquatch run isn’t open ATM though hey? Which one do you reckon is the most fun one to do?

Btw who else is stoked that the snow has started ?

Stoked, looks like you guys are getting dumped on this week, enjoy!

I haven’t posted on here in soo long so I thought I’d do a quick one. To anyone considering coming to whistler on a working holiday, I 100% recommend it. It has been such an amazing time for me and I just wish that I’d done it sooner! Coming by yourself is the most amazing thing you could do. I’ll be leaving next month after being here for 6 months and the time has flown by.

I’ve met some incredible lifelong friends, and living in staff accom has been an awesome experience. I’ve been skiing, dog sledding, tubing, ziplining, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and much more. The things to do here are endless!! And Swedish apres is the bomb! If anyone ever has any questions in the future about whistler and getting there, feel free to ask, it’s been the best time of my life!!

Also wanted to say thanks to everyone on this thread for all of the information that made it possible for me to take this adventure!! grin grin

That’s what we love to hear, @readyforsomesnow! I’m so stoked you’ve had an amazing time here. Enjoy the next month as well! punch

Thanks @rider26 you’ve been such a great help with the whole process! smile

It’s a pleasure. Whistler is such an incredible place to work and live, so I’m just stoked when members get to experience it.