The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

How often do you exercise? 

I try to do something every day. From surfing to yoga to swimming to bike riding or just a bunch of pull ups and push ups. Keeping my body in tune for when the surf turns on!

It always feels great knowing you’ve done something good for you mind and body.

How often do you guys get out and about and do activities? wink

Impressive!

I play indoor soccer 2-3 times a week and the dog gets a 2km walk every day (except when its raining). Wish I had time to get out more or take up kickboxing again but with full time work in addition to uni I don’t get a lot of free time.

I used to play football a lot, surfing all the time, tennis, hit the gym etc. But these days I focus on Yoga. I’m no spring chicken any more, so if you want to surf and/or ride a snowboard you got to look after yourself as you get older by doing low impact sports and keep your core strength top notch! grin Yoga is such a good way of looking after yourself and de-stressing. You don’t always get good cardio so going for a swim or a run as well is the prefect mix for me!

Couldnt agree more SG123!

Yoga and swimming are both amazing when combined. I went through a stage of bikram yoga, swimming and surfing. Never felt better in all my life!

Hopefully get back into it when i get home from working in qld. Im stuck on a ship these days working, so exercise is limited.

i used to play sunday footy and swim quite often - its been a long time since that has happened. :(

thepestguy - 30 April 2016 07:21 PM

i used to play sunday footy and swim quite often - its been a long time since that has happened. :(

Welcome to Boardworld, @thepestguy!

Introduce yourself here. wink

thanking you… loving the read i get in this forum

Managed to get in an 8km rum this morning, a snorkel down at my local and some circuit work in the gym this afteroon. All this free time i have of late is great for activities!! haha! smile

i play basketball together with my friends

I weight/resistance training 4-5 times a week and cardio work 2 days a week making it a 7-day work week.

I like to use outdoor badminton or apartment badminton as a substitute for cardio sometimes.. raspberry

I try to do something intense everyday. Either it be weight training, HIIT training or something in between. I find that I shut everything out when I am training and it tends to keep me ‘sane’. Anyone else feel this way?

I do walking for 45-60 minutes every day. It’s a perfect way for me to unwind, recharge, and revive. It feels good to sweat it out! wink

I train every day, 2hrs Training type is (Bodybuilding) But lately because of the snow season I’ve changed my type of training to help with muscle fatigue to I can GO AND GO! haha.  tongue rolleye

Rosey2310 - 21 July 2017 07:33 PM

I train every day, 2hrs Training type is (Bodybuilding) But lately because of the snow season I’ve changed my type of training to help with muscle fatigue to I can GO AND GO! haha.  tongue rolleye

Cool. Haven’t tried any of the bodybuilding training. :D How long have you been doing it?

bratc - 23 July 2017 04:42 PM

Cool. Haven’t tried any of the bodybuilding training. :D How long have you been doing it?

I’ve been doing this for probably close to 2 years! love every bit of it mate. give it a go really rewarding! the good thing is you can develop a good foundation and quality muscle. to give you a better grip and balance on the slopes, I’ve noticed myself having the better muscular strength and preventative to fatigue when trained correctly. the correct training method that is. E.g. High Reps or Pyramid type sets.

Rosey2310 - 23 July 2017 04:47 PM
bratc - 23 July 2017 04:42 PM

I’ve been doing this for probably close to 2 years! love every bit of it mate. give it a go really rewarding! the good thing is you can develop a good foundation and quality muscle. to give you a better grip and balance on the slopes, I’ve noticed myself having the better muscular strength and preventative to fatigue when trained correctly. the correct training method that is. E.g. High Reps or Pyramid type sets.

Wow! Hope to have the drive to try it soon. grin Who knows I’m gonna love it! Currently, I’m only into walking, jogging, and stretching. LOL