Cardio

I’m a pretty big fan of cardio. Running, swimming, surfing etc. I try to maintain a high level of it as surfing demands a lot!

Laps in the pool, i usually do 1.5 - 2km, running i tend to do between 5-8km and surfing, ill try and push for 2 hours in the water.

Any other cardio freaks around? What cardio activities do you participate in?

What’s cardio? LOL

I can’t say I’m the best with cardio these days, but when I was back in Australia (which wasn’t too long ago), I was swimming a few times a week and also going to Bikram Yoga (yes, it’s cardio) twice a week. Swimming and yoga are definitely my preferred cardio activities these days, and I miss them both. I’ll be getting back into both when I get back to Canada.

Aaron, have you tried Bikram Yoga before? If not, I’m challenging you to try it. They usually have cheap introductory offers, like $20 for 10 days unlimited or something. It’s hands down one of the best thing I’ve ever done for my body. Stretching, strengthening, cardio, and balance.

rider26 - 02 August 2015 07:49 PM

What’s cardio? LOL

I can’t say I’m the best with cardio these days, but when I was back in Australia (which wasn’t too long ago), I was swimming a few times a week and also going to Bikram Yoga (yes, it’s cardio) twice a week. Swimming and yoga are definitely my preferred cardio activities these days, and I miss them both. I’ll be getting back into both when I get back to Canada.

Aaron, have you tried Bikram Yoga before? If not, I’m challenging you to try it. They usually have cheap introductory offers, like $20 for 10 days unlimited or something. It’s hands down one of the best thing I’ve ever done for my body. Stretching, strengthening, cardio, and balance.

Nice work Jeremy! I remember you being quite a competent swimmer! I was actually looking at yoga classes tonight! I have tried Bikram Yoga once in Orlando FL. I have never sweated so much in my entire life and I felt amazing afterwards! Im going to start going more i think as the whole being flexible thing is key in life and surfing especially. Bend bend and stretch!

The first session is the hardest you’ll ever do. It gets slowly more comfortable and rewarding if you keep going. The breathing is key to staying relaxed and not overwhelmed by the heat.

I’ll keep that in mind!!!

My day starts with cardio exercises and end with light weight gym exercises. Sunday is my rest day, but not sit alone traveling new places only to make myself busy and fit whole weekend.