The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Cardio

I’m a pretty big fan of cardio. Running, swimming, surfing etc. I try to maintain a high level of it as surfing demands a lot!

Laps in the pool, i usually do 1.5 - 2km, running i tend to do between 5-8km and surfing, ill try and push for 2 hours in the water.

Any other cardio freaks around? What cardio activities do you participate in?

What’s cardio? LOL

I can’t say I’m the best with cardio these days, but when I was back in Australia (which wasn’t too long ago), I was swimming a few times a week and also going to Bikram Yoga (yes, it’s cardio) twice a week. Swimming and yoga are definitely my preferred cardio activities these days, and I miss them both. I’ll be getting back into both when I get back to Canada.

Aaron, have you tried Bikram Yoga before? If not, I’m challenging you to try it. They usually have cheap introductory offers, like $20 for 10 days unlimited or something. It’s hands down one of the best thing I’ve ever done for my body. Stretching, strengthening, cardio, and balance.

rider26 - 02 August 2015 07:49 PM

What’s cardio? LOL

I can’t say I’m the best with cardio these days, but when I was back in Australia (which wasn’t too long ago), I was swimming a few times a week and also going to Bikram Yoga (yes, it’s cardio) twice a week. Swimming and yoga are definitely my preferred cardio activities these days, and I miss them both. I’ll be getting back into both when I get back to Canada.

Aaron, have you tried Bikram Yoga before? If not, I’m challenging you to try it. They usually have cheap introductory offers, like $20 for 10 days unlimited or something. It’s hands down one of the best thing I’ve ever done for my body. Stretching, strengthening, cardio, and balance.

Nice work Jeremy! I remember you being quite a competent swimmer! I was actually looking at yoga classes tonight! I have tried Bikram Yoga once in Orlando FL. I have never sweated so much in my entire life and I felt amazing afterwards! Im going to start going more i think as the whole being flexible thing is key in life and surfing especially. Bend bend and stretch!

The first session is the hardest you’ll ever do. It gets slowly more comfortable and rewarding if you keep going. The breathing is key to staying relaxed and not overwhelmed by the heat.

I’ll keep that in mind!!!

saltyseadog - 02 August 2015 04:06 PM

I’m a pretty big fan of cardio. Running, swimming, surfing etc. I try to maintain a high level of it as surfing demands a lot!

Laps in the pool, i usually do 1.5 - 2km, running i tend to do between 5-8km and surfing, ill try and push for 2 hours in the water.

Any other cardio freaks around? What cardio activities do you participate in?

I’m more into running, 3-5 kilometers. It’s a perfect way for me to relieve stress after a long work day. smile

hello guys,

Cardio helps me to:

Stay healthy in regards to general health

Keep me in shape for high rep sets (when combined with conditioning). storiesThis is probably my biggest motivator for getting my cardio/conditioning done.

Recover between sets faster

Burn a few more extra calories (not a lot, but some)

thanks and regards Vidmate 9Apps Cartoon HD

Catch Fitness Air Bike
https://www.catch-fitness.com/collections/cardio-equipment/products/catch-fitness-air-bike-arriving-late-august

Despite being our most popular piece of cardio equipment, the air bike is personally, our least favourite… Ask anyone that’s used an air bike before, and it’s easy to understand why. Air bikes are a punish!

Our version of the air bike is strong, durable, and great value. With programmable interval workouts, you can burn 100 calories in five minutes. Add workouts based on speed/distance/heart rate/calories, and a whopping five year warranty period, and we believe we’re delivering the best value Air Bike on the market.

Key Features

Net Weight: 49KG
Dimensions: 1293(L)*592(W)*1229(H)mm
27” Fan
Max capacity: 150KGs
Sealed Cartridge Bottom Bracket
Tracks distance, speed, pace, calories burned, watts, and HR
Programmable Interval Functions (Work, Rest programs) include Tabata and 10/20 intervals
Set Distance time tracking
Padded Handle Bars
4 Way Adjustable Seat
Full Surface Foot Rests
Extra padding on seat
Wheels to easily move the unit

Warranty

One year on the parts and frame
Spare parts are kept in our Sydney Warehouse, and not stored overseas
We also have recommended maintenance partners across each of Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brissy, Adelaide, and Hobart.

The Catch Fitness Difference
https://www.catch-fitness.com/

Great Quality Equipment

Our product guarantee: Unhappy with one of our products? We offer a 7-day money back guarantee. Simply cover the cost of getting your gear back to our warehouse, and we will refund accordingly.
Product warranty: Each of the items we retail comes with a minimum 12 month warranty. Some of our items, like our curved runner treadmill, come with as high as ten years warranty on the frame. We put our money where our mouths are when it comes to quality equipment.
Drop the weights: Did you know, our bumper plates were dropped 30,000 times in testing without cracking?

Great Value Equipment

You may have noticed that some of the photos on our website are similar to some of the photos on other websites. Here’s a hint - we actually use many of the same suppliers. We just charge less!
Our price guarantee: See a similar item at a cheaper price? Get in touch and we’ll beat it

Great Service

There’s no Covid skeleton crew here! We’ve grown our team, not shrunken it.
You can reach us by phone on +61 2 8074 5286, or at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Got questions about training equipment or an exercise routine? Get in touch! Each of our team are fitness enthusiasts, trainers, coaches, or former gym owners.