The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Falls Creek getting all antsy on drones.

spaz - 23 June 2015 05:22 AM

Due to the current laws they are a useless piece of awesome hardware.

Just like Jeremy!!!

Azz - 23 June 2015 07:57 AM
spaz - 23 June 2015 05:22 AM

Due to the current laws they are a useless piece of awesome hardware.

Just like Jeremy!!!

“Awesome” might be goin a little bit too far?????

blizzard_22 - 22 June 2015 09:45 PM
DR1F7R - 22 June 2015 08:23 PM

^ While I agree with that. Its probably more so to show there is legislation reguarding drones aust wide. Takes the heat off them a bit, so they can wipe their hands and say “its not our fault, blame the government”

Yeah I’d say this would be about right!

Which is exactly what i said on the first page! teacherboy

ozgirl - 22 June 2015 10:50 AM

Everyone here is saying “boo Falls”.

Quoting Casa they are saying “look its not even up for discussion. Australian aviation laws makes it prohibitive”

They were just the first resort to release a press release and state why.

I wonder if there will be exceptions to the rules when the big dog riders come over?
Hmm -  I get it, but it also sucks for the professional riders/videographers etc who can film some amazing stuff on thoe babies.

As mentioned its not up to the resort!

Big guns want to use one they have to get a licensed operator to operate it.

Pretty sure the Pro Videographers would have that sorted already!!!!!

Not many, when the license is in excess of $5000 + annual fees, then consider the limited uses, places it can used and….

Let’s say you decide to use it at a snow resort, something goes wrong and little Timmy gets injured. Thats a deep rabbit hole of legal issues since there is no way of obeying CASA law for flying UAV in that environment.
Note: it maybe that little Timmy was distracted by the flying thing and skied off a cliff.

spaz - 24 June 2015 06:50 AM

Note: it maybe that little Timmy was distracted by the flying thing and skied off a cliff.

In that case, wouldn’t the operators of the heli link service between Hotham and Falls be concerned about the same issue with a a helicopter landing in the resort?

Not sure if you have seen where it lands at both resorts, I can tell you its a massive distraction.
(which I like)

I’m sure there is someone that has forked out the $$$$ and has the appropriate insurances in place to film where they want if they can make some coin out of it.

Yeah, I’m surprised that the Helipad is just a couple of star posts and some tape, bang smack at the top of the beginners area!!!!! LOL

The helipad at Winter Park in Colorado was the kids area!!!

Granted it was for emergency evac only but man it was not fun clearing the hill of the littlies when it did come in to land!