The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Falls Creek getting all antsy on drones.

trentradpants - 20 June 2015 09:42 AM

yes bad sadly she married indiana jones and i cant risk hurting that pillar of human kind as collateral damage

Didn’t he recently crash his own drone while he was in it?

K2_TeacherBoy - 20 June 2015 08:22 AM

Double post - no delete button yet for mods?

You can’t be trusted because “you like to break the rules!” LOL

Hahaha, nuh, must be a setting somewhere. I’ll fix that up.

blizzard_22 - 19 June 2015 08:23 PM
ozgirl - 19 June 2015 07:16 PM
Mizu Kuma - 19 June 2015 05:47 PM

Even without the CASA Guidlines, I reckon it was always gonna be a no fly zone for drones inside the resorts!!!!!

this

What do ya’s think that would be the case? Privacy? Safety?

If they don’t want drones used then end of, but I don’t understand going to the extent of quoting CASA and their regulations.

I am confused. I see no reason not to quote CASA.

The rules that CASA have made makes it pretty much impossible to use a drone in a resort.

Everyone here is saying “boo Falls”.

Quoting Casa they are saying “look its not even up for discussion. Australian aviation laws makes it prohibitive”

They were just the first resort to release a press release and state why.

blizzard_22 - 19 June 2015 08:23 PM

If they don’t want drones used then end of, but I don’t understand going to the extent of quoting CASA and their regulations.

I am confused. I see no reason not to quote CASA.

The rules that CASA have made makes it pretty much impossible to use a drone in a resort.

Everyone here is saying “boo Falls”.

Quoting Casa they are saying “look its not even up for discussion. Australian aviation laws makes it prohibitive”

They were just the first resort to release a press release and state why.

It’s a law made before drones existed.
At the end of the day a snow resort is for skiing and snowboarding.
If you want this filming done go out of the resort where you can’t be caught or hire someone who is certified.

All of this is why I gave up on RC helis and never bought a drone. Certification costs huge dollars.

I was just saying that, as a resort, they have the ability to say no drones regardless of CASA’s regulations.

It’s my understanding that CASA control all airspace.
Are you suggesting snow resorts are out of CASA jurisdiction.

Well I think Falls are being Nancys, plain and simple.

None of the other resorts have gone all “no flying your silly little plastic toy around our resort making RAD videos and what not”

The others, have said screw you CASA, we know how to deal with this shit!!!!!

BLASTING SHIT FROM THE SKY SILENTLY

I wonder if they’ll let ya carry one of those in bounds?????

Wrinkly Old Skier - ““Snowboarders blah blah” whinge moan, spit venom, adjust ball huggin pants as much as physically possible, “Snowboarders, blah blah”

Mizu - Chck Chick, Booooom

I’m gonna email them!!!!!

spaz - 22 June 2015 05:48 PM

It’s my understanding that CASA control all airspace.
Are you suggesting snow resorts are out of CASA jurisdiction.

No I’m not!!! I’m not that stupid FFS

I’m saying, as a resort, they make their own rules for their resort. They could have brought this rule in as their own, without mentioning CASA or any regulations. They could have just said ‘no drones’. Done. Dusted!

^ While I agree with that. Its probably more so to show there is legislation reguarding drones aust wide. Takes the heat off them a bit, so they can wipe their hands and say “its not our fault, blame the government”

But yeah, the drone laws in aust are pretty damn strict. They never had a chance in the resorts, outside of an event where they did the proper paper work.

this thread needs a good dose of chucky

DR1F7R - 22 June 2015 08:23 PM

^ While I agree with that. Its probably more so to show there is legislation reguarding drones aust wide. Takes the heat off them a bit, so they can wipe their hands and say “its not our fault, blame the government”

Yeah I’d say this would be about right!

blizzard_22 - 22 June 2015 09:45 PM
DR1F7R - 22 June 2015 08:23 PM

Yeah I’d say this would be about right!

It’s what I has heading toward saying also.

Other resorts don’t need to ban them because they already are banned. I don’t know how anyone can point the finger a Falls for something they can’t do anything about.

NO RESORT ALLOWS DRONES - IT IS AGAINST CASA LAWS.

It’s not just Australia either, the U.S. have almost identical legislation.
Emergency services can’t even use them to search for survivors or the fire brigade to suss out spot fires in bushland. The police can’t use them to follow fugitives.

Delivery services can’t use them to deliver goods, restaurants can’t use them as waiters….

Due to the current laws they are a useless piece of awesome hardware.