The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Product Questions

ClevoCapri - 20 February 2016 11:39 AM

There description in the Yes 2017 catalogue describes the Optimistic as having the float of the 420 with the carving ability of the PYL.

That was me sold. Haha.

As soon as you have pricing for the Optimistic and PYL let me know!

Cheers

OK, so you knew about the 2017 Optimistic. Cool, cool. ?

Yes, that’s correct. The 2017 Optimistic is a thing of beauty. It’s a carving, freeride, and pow machine!

Pricing:

Optimistic $899.99 RRP
PYL $929.99 RRP
Standard $799.99 RRP

Please get in touch if you would like to pre-order.

Are you guys going to get Jones hoodies? I’ve been after a hoodie and a T and everywhere i look is always sold out

Jake - 03 November 2016 01:09 PM

Are you guys going to get Jones hoodies? I’ve been after a hoodie and a T and everywhere i look is always sold out

Hey @Jake,

We have a few Jones t-shirts in stock.

https://www.boardworld.com.au/products/jones-snowboards-logo-t-shirt-black
https://www.boardworld.com.au/products/jones-snowboards-premium-t-shirt-charcoal-heather
https://www.boardworld.com.au/products/jones-snowboards-premium-t-shirt-navy-heather

Jones hoodies haven’t been available in Australia yet, but when they are we will certainly get them in.

Hey Crew,

I’m wanting a new snowboard jacket and like the look and specs of the 3CS Plunder in Signal Red (M). Can you give me some more details on the jacket - are the hood and/or powder skirt detachable and what does the jacket look like internally with pockets etc?

Cheers,

Jake.

Jake83 - 21 November 2016 06:09 PM

Hey Crew,

I’m wanting a new snowboard jacket and like the look and specs of the 3CS Plunder in Signal Red (M). Can you give me some more details on the jacket - are the hood and/or powder skirt detachable and what does the jacket look like internally with pockets etc?

Cheers,

Jake.

Hey @Jake83,

Welcome to Boardworld!

The 3CS Plunder jacket is a high-performance shell with a Nano DWR coating. 30K waterproofing, 20K breathable. The hood is part of the jacket and not removable. The powder skirt, however, is removable.

There are no internal pockets in the jacket as it is quite minimalistic by design. All pockets are accessed from the outside, including the media pocket.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Are you guys getting any more stock of the 3cs plunder jacket in signal red? Cheers!

Hey @Ringo,

Welcome to Boardworld!

I know we’ve been discussing this on Facebook, but I’ll respond here as well so the information is available to other customers.

The 2016 Plunder in Signal Red is fully sold out (3CS is sold out as well).

The 2017 range will be dropping on the site soon, and there is a similar “Deep Red” colourway for the Plunder this year. It is also available in Black and Putty.

@rider26
Looking at the Rome powder division MT 156.
I usually ride boards 154-156 but looking for pow specific for Japan next yr but also good days here. With the MT shape and set back stance I’m thinking that length would be ok? Or would the PT 160 be a better option?
Thanks!

Hey @brenno,

How much do you weigh?

@rider26
I’m 5’9 and about 80kg

For Japow Trees, my choice would be the MT, or even the ST!!!!!

Bigger open bowls, I reckon the PT!!!!!

* I haven’t ridden any, but that’s my take!!!!! ** Pretty sure our guide in Hokkaido last year was on an ST!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 03 March 2017 08:00 PM

* I haven’t ridden any, but that’s my take!!!!! ** Pretty sure our guide in Hokkaido last year was on an ST!!!!!

I like the look of the mt, Looks good for trees for sure and not that keen on a huge board. Have been looking at lib bird man, but it’s 160 with 100 setback leaves a lot of nose out front. I just want to be sure a 56 mt is ok for me

brenno - 04 March 2017 12:31 PM
Mizu Kuma - 03 March 2017 08:00 PM

I like the look of the mt, Looks good for trees for sure and not that keen on a huge board. Have been looking at lib bird man, but it’s 160 with 100 setback leaves a lot of nose out front. I just want to be sure a 56 mt is ok for me

At 80 kegs, the 156 would be perfect!!!!!

Especially in the trees!!!!!

Hey @brenno,

I’m with @Mizu Kuma on this one. I think the MT would be perfect for you. Please note: the size is 154 not 156. It will give you ample float and it will be nimble in the trees. The PT 160 is still suitable for your weight, but I think this is a lot of board unless you’re only riding big, open lines. My pick would be the MT 154 for sure. It’s going to be more versatile and more fun to ride in the majority of terrain and conditions (Rome also says the MT is suitable for up to 91kg).

rider26 - 06 March 2017 09:47 AM

Hey @brenno,

I’m with @Mizu Kuma on this one. I think the MT would be perfect for you. Please note: the size is 154 not 156. It will give you ample float and it will be nimble in the trees. The PT 160 is still suitable for your weight, but I think this is a lot of board unless you’re only riding big, open lines. My pick would be the MT 154 for sure. It’s going to be more versatile and more fun to ride in the majority of terrain and conditions (Rome also says the MT is suitable for up to 91kg).

Yeah @rider26 , I based my thumbs up for the ‘156’ based on the stats for the 154!!!!! (I didn’t know if they actually did a 156)

I ride a 157 in another brand but with a similar width/volume, and I’m 90 kegs!!!!! Floats and turns like a dream in Japowder!!!!!

The ONLY place you @brenno  will feel under-gunned is on an icy groomer at high speed!!!!! But that’s not what you’re intended conditions are!!!!!