The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Share your travel photos here

Are you currently travelling around the world? Did you recently backpack through Europe or South East Asia? Or maybe you toured around New Zealand or somewhere in Australia? Wherever you are travelling, or have previously, this is the place to share your favourite travel photos!

Please add some info about your photo/s, like where it was taken and what you were doing, or maybe what made getting the shot challenging or just anything of interest.

I’ll get things started…

I travelled around South America and Central America for 7 months last year. It was an awesome experience! The diversity of cultures, landscapes, and wildlife made for an amazing and rich life experience.

Galapagos Islands - such a remarkable place…

Man walking in downtown Buenos Aires, Argentina

Pure joy. This guy was loving life playing guitar in one of the many parades held in Cuzco, Peru, during the Inti Raimi Festival.

It was an amazing experience watching the sunrise at ‘Geyser el Tatio’ near San Pedro de Atacama, Chile. With over 80 geysers it’s the largest geyser field in the southern hemisphere and at 4,320m, one of the highest in the world… The sunrise was spectacular but only for a fleeting moment. I managed to capture the reflection of the sunrise in the ice of an interesting shaped pool.

There were so many cool vintage cars in one of the best colonial cities, Colonia, in Uruguay.

I have several more photos posted on 500px if you want to check them out:
https://500px.com/daniel-neukirch

So who’s got some travel photos to share!?

Dan, those are some truly incredible photos. Great work, mate!

Here’s a few photos from the last couple of weeks in Europe to get things started (Michelle and I are currently backpacking our way through Europe).

Our first day in Rome

Spanish Steps, Rome

Genova, Italy

Nice, France

Nice, France

Nice, France

Looking down on Monte-Carlo, Monaco. Michelle in her happy place.

The markets in Barcelona are amazing!

Barcelona, Spain

Thanks mate!

Great to see you’re having a good time in Europe. Nice photos - I particularly like the photo of Michelle above Monte-Carlo. Looks nice and warm there too. Which countries in Europe are you planning on visiting next?

We still have a fair bit to do in Spain. Heading to either Seville or Madrid tomorrow, and also trying to get to Granada (which is proving difficult). From there we’re going back to France to visit a few places, then up to Amsterdam, before continuing on. We’re still kind of planning as we go, but we roughly know where we are going. Also visiting the Czech Republic, Belgium, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Poland, spending 5 weeks in Italy at the end, and we’re still considering Croatia (hoping to make it there) and possibly Greece. I’ll keep you updated through this thread.

I recently did a bit of a mini EuroTrip, here are some snaps smile

London: Looking down Ludgate Hill from St Paul’s Cathedral. It was a ‘heatwave’... 21deg LOL

I drove this beast when I was up in York. Audi R8.

The Shambles, York

Champs-Élysées and the Arc de Triomphe

Venus de Milo

Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa

Bicycles in Amsterdam

Red Light District, Amsterdam. When someone tells Dark NOT to take a photo he of course does the opposite, and get’s flipped off for his efforts!

Sistine Chapel, Vatican City

Canals of Venice from the Rialto Bridge

Burj Khalifa, Dubai. It was 43deg shock

Some really amazing photos there! Really motivates me to buy a proper camera.

Here’s a few of my favourites from my most recent Europe trip..

Looking across towards Italy from the top of the Aiguille de Midi, 3842m above sea level - Chamonix France

Evening in the French Alps. I think this is my favourite photo from the entire trip - Le Croix Fry - France

Blue skies in the French Alps - Le Croix Fry - France

Sunrise at 10:30am in the Nordic winter. It was a real struggle getting any photos because my camera literally froze in the -28 degree c temperatures and you could only take your gloves off for a few minutes - Ruka - Finland

Eerily quiet sunset at 2pm - Ruka - Finland

And a few from my trip to Malaysia in March 2014

Batu Caves - Malaysia

This guy. KL Bird Park - Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia

Petronas Towers. Well, one of them at least…. - Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia

Hm well it’s been a while since I’ve travelled much OS.  Here are some pics circa 2003.  Please understand they were taken on a film SLR and scanned into a PC later.

Versailles

Orvietto (day trip from Rome)

Florence

Cinque Terre

Venice - Storm Incoming

Lisbon, Portugal

Churchy Thing, Lisbon, Portugal

Al Hambra, Granada, Spain

Guggenheim, Bilbao, Spain

Himeji Castle, Japan

Kyoto, Japan

Asia Trip 2001.  Again, film scanned into PC.

Floating Market near Bangkok

Rural Kid, Vietnam

Waterfall, Vietnam

Chicks at Market, Vietnam

Check out the safety boots, Vietnam

Pigs in Baskets at Market, Rural Vietnam

Pig on Motorbike, Vietnam

We are currently in Seville, Spain, and I have to say this is probably my favourite city thus far. I was here 14 years ago but I forgot just how beautiful this city is. Here’s a few photos to give you an idea.

Yeah Seville is magic.  Make sure you get to Granada if you can!

Mudhoney - 14 June 2015 09:57 AM

Yeah Seville is magic.  Make sure you get to Granada if you can!

We are actually going to Granada tomorrow for a few days! From there, to San Sebastian.

I still haven’t uploaded all our photos from our trip in Jan.

I also haven’t done a complete TR. I must do that! Sorry everyone!

But a few photos to whet your appetite…

Aspen, Co

Jackson, WY

Snowbird, UT

A photo from yesterday. Taken from the top of the Alhambra castle in Granda, Spain. More photos to come.

Here’s a few more photos from Granada over the last few days. We are now in Madrid.

A collage of Queenstown from last season