The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Who would you like to get stuck on a lift with? Why?

For me torn between Terje Haakonsen (I did name my first born after him) due to his skill, style, and his ultimate life immersion into snowboarding, and Travis Rice. The embodiment of all I see in snowboarding, the complete package…....tough choice. In saying that, the list is very long and very distinguished! :)

I’d probably prefer someone who could keep me a bit more entertained, Maybe a comedian like Jim Jefferies or Jimmy Fallon. Hopefully my getting stuck on a chairlift doesn’t end up like that horror movie though!

Jimmy Fallon good call!

We could read out mean tweets and do lip sync battles

Thats a no brainier… McGuyver! lol.

If hes not available, maybe Linn Haug ... god damn….  kissing_heart

Azz, because if he’s on the lift with me he can’t nail me in the back of the head with a snowball from the chair behind!

HappyCAMPA74 - 22 May 2015 08:29 AM

For me torn between Terje Haakonsen (I did name my first born after him)

You just became my hero, because if I ever had a kid, I’ve always wondered if I’d be brave enough to do this. Are you in Australia? How do people go pronouncing it?

Oh and I think I’d like to get stuck on a lift with Ewan McGregor. Loooooove him!

My future wife….

Don’t know who she is but would make for a good story.

haha I have 3 possible answers!!

1) my other half (mr.h0z) - too corny? lol

2) Ryan Knapton - I could pick his brain on flat land skills, and maybe even score a lesson afterwards!!

3) Torstein -  c’mon that would be pretty funny!!  (watch some of his earlier videos - like game of in your face)

Torstein would be a pissa to be on a lift with.

I’d say travis rice so he can pick all the gnarly lines and try to follow him

Someone big and chubby, with pockets full of chocolate, and a six pack of beer in their backpack!!!!!

cords - 24 May 2015 11:38 PM
HappyCAMPA74 - 22 May 2015 08:29 AM

For me torn between Terje Haakonsen (I did name my first born after him)

You just became my hero, because if I ever had a kid, I’ve always wondered if I’d be brave enough to do this. Are you in Australia? How do people go pronouncing it?

Oh and I think I’d like to get stuck on a lift with Ewan McGregor. Loooooove him![/quote

Everyone asks how it is pronounced, lol….. yes I am in Australia and I make sure they say it right Terje (tair-yay) smile
It is a strong, unique name (it means Thor’s spear) it befits a true champion and thought it ticks all the boxes for my first born. Terje (H) is the embodiment of true character, and I hope my son wears his name well. My second son is named Taj, after Taj Burrow, another true character.
Oh and Ewen McGregor would be awesome to hang with…..literally smile]

Mudhoney - 23 May 2015 09:05 PM

Azz, because if he’s on the lift with me he can’t nail me in the back of the head with a snowball from the chair behind!

or can I?  smirk

Mizu Kuma - 17 June 2015 09:36 PM

Someone big and chubby, with pockets full of chocolate, and a six pack of beer in their backpack!!!!!

So… Mika? LOL

rider26 - 18 June 2015 06:25 AM
Mizu Kuma - 17 June 2015 09:36 PM

So… Mika? LOL

Nah, cause if he didn’t have food on him you’d be sure to die first!!!!!

Think 1972 and what happend in the Andes when that plane of rugby players crashed!!!!!