The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Surfing Tofino, BC CANADA

Yeeeeeah cold water surfing!

I just wanted to start this thread because I hit up Tofino for the long weekend last weekend and it was EPIC. Such a chill place with a south coast small surf town vibe!

Growing up surfing on the Goldy and then moving to sydney, my cold water surfing has been limited to a 3/2 in winter as far south as Bega. SO not that cold….

first time throwing on a hood, booties and gloves. and man that sucks. haha Well brain freezes every time you duck dive sucks, so comparatively its not that bad. I quickly ditched the hood and gloves, I couldn’t paddle to save my live in gloves, felt like my hands had wet tea towels wrapped around them. It wasn’t mid winter (spring) when i went to i was able to survive without the gloves and hood.

In terms of spots to surf i hit up Cox, chesterman and wickaninnish beach - all were great depending the conditions. I’m looking forward to getting back out there and finding some other good “secret” spots.

Hit me up if you’ve ever surfed the island, and whats the goods?!

Sounds like it was an epic trip! Post some photos! I definitely have to hit up Tofino some day soon.