The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld — Introduce Yourself Here!

Welcome to Boardworld, @Hosie88! shaka

rider26 - 27 June 2017 06:27 AM

Welcome to Boardworld, @Hosie88! shaka

Thanks smile

Hey guys!

Just a shredder/videographer from Canada! Been snowboarding for, hard to believe it, but 11 seasons now. Wow. Living for it every day!

Enjoy the ride people!

Also, you can find my stuff on youtube at AbandonCouchProductions

Hey everyone!

I’m Dean and I started Skateboarding 3 weeks ago despite just turning 40.  having spent a few weeks taking my kids to a local skatepark on their scooters it all got way too much just sitting and watching and I went out and bought my first board to get going.  Loving it is an understatement and I wish I’d started years ago.

I surf a little in North Devon U.K when I get chance but I’m pretty useless as well as the odd go mountain boarding at a place near my home in Gloucester.

Can’t wait to chat with people into board sports and feel part of a community.  I’m determined to get half decent and show people that 40 is not too old to get into board sports.

As a handy place to chart my progression I set up a facebook page where I can keep everything together which is http://www.facebook.com/tooold2skate

would be awesome if a few of you could give it a like and follow.

cheers and great to be here - Deano

Welcome to BW, @Tooold2skate! ?

I am following your page now. Best of luck with your progression. Keep us posted!

rider26 - 13 June 2018 03:00 PM

Welcome to BW, @Tooold2skate! ?

I am following your page now. Best of luck with your progression. Keep us posted!

Cheers!!  I certainly will do.  great forum.  Cheers for having me.

G’day team!

I’m Matt, im 35 and I’m new to the forums as of yesterday. I’ve been skating for 25 years and snowboarding for 14. I grew up surfing on the sunny coast in QLD but now I’m in Canberra I am a full blown Froffer for the snow. I’ve been boarding long enough now I feel I can offer a fairly educated opinion on things. I’d be keen to meet up with anyone wanting to do some hike-n-bomb missions up the top of Karels at Thredbo this season.

I’ve gotten my wife into snowboarding too. Finally after 5 years of appeasing me she is now the one asking when we can get up the hill and checking snow reports. Haha, winning.

Tooold2skate - 13 June 2018 12:57 AM

Hey everyone!

I’m Dean and I started Skateboarding 3 weeks ago despite just turning 40.

G’day Deano. Never too old mate. Best quote I’ve ever heard is “Why live life as a cripple to die a healthy man!” Good luck with it. Skating is rad, even if it’s just bombing around the sidewalk.

Welcome to BOARDWORLD, Matt @Yogibear! shaka

Yogibear - 14 June 2018 12:19 AM

G’day team!

I’m Matt, im 35 and I’m new to the forums as of yesterday. I’ve been skating for 25 years and snowboarding for 14. I grew up surfing on the sunny coast in QLD but now I’m in Canberra I am a full blown Froffer for the snow. I’ve been boarding long enough now I feel I can offer a fairly educated opinion on things. I’d be keen to meet up with anyone wanting to do some hike-n-bomb missions up the top of Karels at Thredbo this season.

I’ve gotten my wife into snowboarding too. Finally after 5 years of appeasing me she is now the one asking when we can get up the hill and checking snow reports. Haha, winning.

Tooold2skate - 13 June 2018 12:57 AM

Hey everyone!

I’m Dean and I started Skateboarding 3 weeks ago despite just turning 40.

G’day Deano. Never too old mate. Best quote I’ve ever heard is “Why live life as a cripple to die a healthy man!” Good luck with it. Skating is rad, even if it’s just bombing around the sidewalk.

Hey Yogibear! Welcome to the forums! That’s a nice looking Drake you posted in the Quiver thread!

My husband and I are in Canberra and will be shredding Thredbo this season as well. We’re always up for riding buddies and often have some spare seats in the car.

We’re madly checking the cams with this storm front coming through - hoping they can get the lifts turning for riding soon and we’ll be planning a day trip asap (maybe next weekend….???).

Keen to try to hook up for some turns this season if you guys are interested.  shaka

Cheers
Jac

Hey guys,

Firstly, a shout out to all the Perthies (aka peeps from Perth here!) - if there are any here smile

Okay, so I’m brand new to snowboarding and heading to Falls Creek late next month and I’m super excited ! Never seen snow as well ohh

If anyone has any tips/hints/tricks for a total newbie like me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
T

Welcome to BOARDWORLD, @TheodoricY! shaka

That’s awesome, let us know how it goes. Definitely have a read of this how to snowboard thread. I put together a bunch of lessons which is pretty much what you’ll learn in the first couple of days. If you can wrap your head around it now, you’ll progress a lot quicker.

Thanks @rider26 ... I will definitely check it out !

smile

Hey guys.
Me (vince) and my friend (olli) are trying to learn how to skate.
I make this account to learn from more advanced skaters about tricks for beginners and tipps on how to master the basics.

We are documenting our progress and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

hey guys, my name’s Luke, i’m 35 from the gold coast. into surfing, scuba diving, snorkelling etc. new to snowboarding though have only done one trip to queenstown last year and would like to meet other snowboarders. would love to do a road trip to perisher or even back to nz this year but so hard to get motivated when going solo.

Welcome to BOARDWORLD, @rowdy82! shaka