The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld — Introduce Yourself Here!

Yeah! Welcome to BW @Donza !

Good to see you here @Donza.
Friendly place, you’ll like the ‘chill’.

Hey guys, not sure why it’s taken me so long to join but I’m finally on here. A small handful of you may know me from a few years back when I use to be creative director at Fyve snowboards. For anyone who owns any of their boards, or wore any of their gear, there’s a good chance I designed it haha.

Anyways, I left the company about 3 years ago, and I think I actually heard that the company was recently sold or something to that extent. I was lucky enough to have a few boards to ride over the years, but they’re all about due an upgrade. So I’m just about ready for my new whip, and thinking of heading down the K2 Turbo Dream route. Done my research, and seems to be a good board to move into!

As for my riding, I live on the Goldy - so not too much snow down here. But I’ve spent my time in most au parks including thredbo, perisher, buller, falls creek, as well as NZ, New Mexico, and a couple times in Japan. Back off to Niseko again in February, which will be my first time back on a board since 2015. But I’m pretty use to the long waits between rides haha.

Cheers! Brandon

Welcome to the forums, @The Blind Kid.

It’s great to see you on here. You must be looking forward to Japan!

The Rome Gangplank might be another board to look into. It’s got the same flat to rocker profile as the K2 Turbo Dream. It’s a really fun board.

@rider26  yes mate, pumped! As for the gangplank, any idea if it comes in a wide? I’m looking at jumping on the 157 wide turbo dream as I’m on the lighter side but running size 12 boots

Hey @The Blind Kid, I’m sorry I didn’t see your message sooner. ?

I think I saw on Facebook that you already purchased a board, but to answer your question, yes, the Gang Plank does come in wides.

Hey there everyone,

Great forum you have going here so I thought I’d join up.

My name is Sean and live in the Blue Mountains, Australia.

Started snowboarding around 2001. I then stopped around 2005 which is when everyone I used to go with just suddenly stopped going.

Been wanting to go down ever since then and finally decided to get back into it this year even if I had to go by myself. Best decision I made as last weekend at Perisher was great. Was a bit nervous at the start thinking can I still do this after 11 years. Second turn and I thought yep I’m fine.

Spent a bit of time in Canada in 2004/05 at Whistler and Big White.

I’ll probably have a few questions to ask as I’m planning my 2017 trip to Japan (short trip) and 2018 trip to either Canada again or Colorado (long trip)

Cheers

Welcome to Boardworld, @bakerRed! Thank you for joining our community! shaka

DR1F7R - 24 May 2015 08:34 AM

Ermagherd! you like snerberds and bikes? I like snerberds and bikes!

Im Cheyne, 28, Canberra.
Pretty fresh to the sideways lifestyle. But if it goes sideways i tend to like it. Snowboards, skateboards, cars… all the fun stuff.
Used to surf when i was younger, and took up snowboarding and skating about a year ago.
No noisy money absorbing shit machines… i mean children… that i know of.
But has cat, that thinks shes a dog… plays fetch, and chews on bones… weirdo.

mad skillz brah

look, car.
t

and cat…being on of those French girls.

nice pictures am also new to this forum,loving the fun,cute cat and the car is wow!

Welcome to Boardworld, @Mcm44! shaka

rider26 - 18 August 2016 03:49 AM

Welcome to Boardworld, @Mcm44! shaka

thank you very much

Hey there fellow snowboarding enthusiasts, my name is Luke, I’m 25 ; from Melbourne.

I’ve been snowboarding most of my life, I mostly hit up Falls Creek and Mount Hotham but I’ve also been fortunate enough to enjoy some of beautiful slopes in New Zealand. I’ve finally saved up and purchased all my own snow gear and now I just want to do whatever it takes to stay on the mountain, I love it so much! Besides snowboarding, I do a bit of drawing and animation, landscape gardening for work and I love to cook good food and keep healthy!

I found this forum while I was browsing the shop so I figured I should get involved in the community, you guys are awesome and I love reading your stories. I’m feeling the burning passion and desire to keep snowboarding and for the next couple of years I want to snowboard as much as possible. I want to shred all the lovely mountains across Australia and the rest of the world.

I would really love to work on the mountain, I envy the people that are fortunate enough to do it. I tried to get a job as a lift attendant this year in Victoria but was unsuccessful. I’m going to stay persistent and hopefully like you guys I can one day live the dream! smile

Welcome to the Boardworld community, @battyy! shaka

Definitely keep at it. You’ll get your opportunity. Please don’t hesitate to ask us any questions if you need advice!

Hello BW,

I’m Jonesy, 36 years old, live in country Vic and have just joined BW recently. I stumbled across the site while researching boards/gear. I got stuck reading a lot of your threads and was amazed at the community. There seems to be an unconditional love for anyones passion for snowboarding, regardless of skill level. Really great to see a community embracing people wanting to get into the sport rather than snobbing those with less skill/experience than them.

I signed up after reading a few threads as I found the discussions really interesting and thought it would be a great place for me to read and talk snowboarding. I constantly bore my friends with snowboard talk as none of them share my level of passion for the snow.

A bit about myself, in my early years I was fortunate enough to be taken skiing by my parents as my father worked at a resort nearby to where I lived out in the sticks (Mt Baw Baw, small and tame but great to start someones enthusiasm for snow!). We also received 1 or 2 decent dumps of snow a year where I lived.

I stopped skiing at about age 10 and didn’t really see much snow until the opportunity came up to work weekends in the ski hire @ Baw baw when I was about 20. I ended up working weekends up there for the next 7 years. In that time I didn’t get a lot of time to go snowboarding, and it was mainly only a few hours here and there (and some good semi tanked night boarding sessions) so didn’t really progress a whole lot over that time, but loved my time and lifestyle at the snow all the same. I did a couple of full time season after that which saw me spend a little more time snowboarding.

At about age 26 I had knee issues and had to get surgery twice over 2 years which set me back. I didn’t see the snow for about 5 years. After regaining confidence in my knee, I got the passion back in a big way about 5 years ago and have since spent a small fortune on snowboarding gear and trips (booked 2 weeks in Japan in Feb 2017- can’t wait!) and find myself constantly looking at all things snow and adding to a long wishlist of toys. So while technically I have been snowboarding for 15+ years I haven’t done a heap of boarding in that time and would class myself as around the top end of intermediate.

Sorry for the long winded intro. There is such a good vibe in your forums which seems to have a diverse crowd of people from all ages, and all walks of life who all share the same love of snowboarding. I’ll be posting a question or 2 soon for some advice on travel/gear soon as I’ve see amazingly helpful and friendly advice seems to be given in large quantities here at BW. I look forward to meeting a few of you on a local or international hill for a beer an a few runs some day. SHRED ON!

Cheers,

Jonesy

Jonesy - 03 September 2016 09:42 PM

Hello BW,

I’m Jonesy, 36 years old, live in country Vic and have just joined BW recently. I stumbled across the site while researching boards/gear. I got stuck reading a lot of your threads and was amazed at the community. There seems to be an unconditional love for anyones passion for snowboarding, regardless of skill level. Really great to see a community embracing people wanting to get into the sport rather than snobbing those with less skill/experience than them.

I signed up after reading a few threads as I found the discussions really interesting and thought it would be a great place for me to read and talk snowboarding. I constantly bore my friends with snowboard talk as none of them share my level of passion for the snow.

A bit about myself, in my early years I was fortunate enough to be taken skiing by my parents as my father worked at a resort nearby to where I lived out in the sticks (Mt Baw Baw, small and tame but great to start someones enthusiasm for snow!). We also received 1 or 2 decent dumps of snow a year where I lived.

I stopped skiing at about age 10 and didn’t really see much snow until the opportunity came up to work weekends in the ski hire @ Baw baw when I was about 20. I ended up working weekends up there for the next 7 years. In that time I didn’t get a lot of time to go snowboarding, and it was mainly only a few hours here and there (and some good semi tanked night boarding sessions) so didn’t really progress a whole lot over that time, but loved my time and lifestyle at the snow all the same. I did a couple of full time season after that which saw me spend a little more time snowboarding.

At about age 26 I had knee issues and had to get surgery twice over 2 years which set me back. I didn’t see the snow for about 5 years. After regaining confidence in my knee, I got the passion back in a big way about 5 years ago and have since spent a small fortune on snowboarding gear and trips (booked 2 weeks in Japan in Feb 2017- can’t wait!) and find myself constantly looking at all things snow and adding to a long wishlist of toys. So while technically I have been snowboarding for 15+ years I haven’t done a heap of boarding in that time and would class myself as around the top end of intermediate.

Sorry for the long winded intro. There is such a good vibe in your forums which seems to have a diverse crowd of people from all ages, and all walks of life who all share the same love of snowboarding. I’ll be posting a question or 2 soon for some advice on travel/gear soon as I’ve see amazingly helpful and friendly advice seems to be given in large quantities here at BW. I look forward to meeting a few of you on a local or international hill for a beer an a few runs some day. SHRED ON!

Cheers,

Jonesy

Welcome @Jonesy

This boardworld place does seem pretty rad hey?! Where are you off to in Japan next year?
Tonnes of good info in the mountains and travel section if you haven’t already checked that out