The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Binding advice

So I’m looking at getting some new bindings before I head over to Europe and thought I’d get some advice from the experts before I make any final decisions. I currently have a pair of 11/12 Rome Madison bindings which have been pretty good (not that I have much basis for comparison as they are my first set of bindings), but after having ratchets break and also come off on more than one occasion I decided to treat myself to some new bindings! This season I started spending a bit of time in the park and really enjoyed it so I’d be looking for something that would go well there.

The ones that have really caught my eye are the Flux GL’s, Union Legacy and the Burton Lexa bindings but choosing between them is where I am getting stuck. I was initially leaning towards the Flux but even then I don’t know whether to go with the 13/14 model or whether it would be worth waiting for the 14/15 ones to come out.. Any feedback or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

They are all good bindings. I would also throw the Now IPOs into the mix for sure. A few of our female members tested the 2015 model during the season and at the Shred, and have now placed orders for the 2015 model (Jenna tested and ordered so you can ask her what she thought). The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, and on a personal note, the IPOs are the best bindings I’ve ever used. Versatile (you can change the response), super comfortable, and high performance. Great price point too.

Michelle was previously using Burton Lexas, which she really liked other than the capstrap slipping off the boot, but she also tried the 2015 IPO at the Shred and has made me order her a set as well.

All I’m saying is it’s really worth considering. Here is my review of the 2014 model if you are interested: https://www.boardworld.com.au/snowboarding/now-ipo-bindings-review

Whatever you decide, let me know and we will look after you. Just shoot me a PM or email.

When are you going to Europe?

2015 IPO colours below.

Hadn’t considered those ones but I’m always open to suggestions.  I might have a chat to Jenna and check out the review. Thanks!!

I have the same issue with the toe strap on my Rome’s and it annoys the he’ll out of me!
Will definitely let you know what I decided.

We fly out 20th December :D

I used the Now IPO at the shred, and again a week later. A couple days after that I asked Jez to order me a pair. They absolutely ROCK.

They were super responsive and I found them a very good fit. I currently have Burton Freestyles and find that there is a lot of room in them that my boot can move around (on the sides). In the IPO it was a perfect fit, the binding hugged my boot perfectly.

I found them really easy to tighten/undo as well.

The cap strap sat on my boot no problems and there was absolutely no slipping.

I used these bindings while freeriding and also in the park. Perfect all round.

Highly recommend!  thumbsup

Sweet. Thanks Jenna!

Yep IPOs are awesome. I got 2 pairs myself.

Just got word that our 2015 Flux stock will be arriving in November and our 2015 Now stock is ready to ship right now! Let me know if you need anything. thumbsup

There’s a couple of girls on here that have the Flux GL’s, and I’m pretty sure h0z has 2 pairs now!!!!!

Also keep an eye out for the new GS!!!!! (Pretty sure Jez has them comin in?????)

Yep I have 2 pairs!!  I brough the lime green with leopard print in jindy on sale from ess..  (after my last bindings shat them selves!! - I got a skidoo ride so it was kind of a win?) then Mr.h0z found the pink pair (I originally wanted the pink buuuut they didn’t have my size.. So green it was!) online. Even cheaper and I got them… So back to 2 sets so I can mismatch them again! Yeww!! 

Even though I only did about 3-4 days on them I am loving them…  I was worried about my wrist and having to ratchet alot..  But it was actually fine! (luckily for me I’m goofy and it’s my right wrist that’s bad… Sooo that foot stays bound in!).

They got a few decent runs through BC (when it was the much smaller rebuilt) and a couple of runs through Leichardt. And down the sun valley boarderx track.. 

(and obviously I really like them… I brought a second pair!)

Good luck with choosing and hopefully this helps as well..

Also Mr.h0z has the now ipos and loves them!!

blizzard_22 - 27 October 2014 08:56 AM

I used the Now IPO at the shred, and again a week later. A couple days after that I asked Jez to order me a pair. They absolutely ROCK.

They were super responsive and I found them a very good fit. I currently have Burton Freestyles and find that there is a lot of room in them that my boot can move around (on the sides). In the IPO it was a perfect fit, the binding hugged my boot perfectly.

I found them really easy to tighten/undo as well.

The cap strap sat on my boot no problems and there was absolutely no slipping.

I used these bindings while freeriding and also in the park. Perfect all round.

Highly recommend!  thumbsup

Full agreement.
I bought on recommendation before trialling (due to living in Perth….God help me!) and couldn’t be happier.
Perfect fit, no strap slippage (which is my biggest gripe with many bindings), very responsive.
So much so I’ve bought a pair as a gift for a friend.

I have the Selects and i love them.

Cause you are such a girl wink

NOW bindings 4 me.

I have ipo’s and drive and looking to get the new season selects.

the g/f was trying to get selects during the turkey sale but most places are out of selects in small size. =(

She might have to be patient.

grunge - 28 October 2014 06:25 PM

NOW bindings 4 me.

I have ipo’s and drive and looking to get the new season selects.

the g/f was trying to get selects during the turkey sale but most places are out of selects in small size. =(

She might have to be patient.

So Grunge are you running three boards with the 3 different bindings?
And do you notice much of a difference between them?
I’ve got Selects in a Medium (US women’s 10/men’s 8 foot), they were supposed to stay on my Southern Hemi board but I love them and the board so much I’m taking them to Japan too .... So much for the ‘leave gear there, save on lugging baggage’ idea.

Mizu Kuma - 28 October 2014 09:36 AM

There’s a couple of girls on here that have the Flux GL’s, and I’m pretty sure h0z has 2 pairs now!!!!!

Also keep an eye out for the new GS!!!!! (Pretty sure Jez has them comin in?????)

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Leaning towards the Flux’s at the moment. 

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the GS and GL’s? I had a bit of a look on their website but couldn’t really figure it out!

I had the same problem as michelle with the Burton bindings - the toe cap kept slipping off.That being said, i used the same ones till they absolutely died, went all sticky etc. Got them in 2007.

This year Azz bought me the Flux bindings, and they are great.  One thing that is different is that I really had to crank the burtons to stop the slip, and often ended up with toe problems in the front foot from the pressure. Haven’t had that once with the flux, am able to keep the pressure off a fair bit. Also didn’t lose any toenails this year, same boots, same board, more riding, maybe just a bit less steep riding. I know custom footbeds would be great, but it’s a big haul to get some.

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll love any of them!