The Line Up - Daily Chat :)

Heh yeah main issue I had was the snow was forming little wedges right under the wheels and stopping the car moving, even with AWD and chains.  Might have been better if I was driving out forward rather than backing out maybe?  Normally i can just clear the front and blast straight out.  Quite hard to dig down under the skirts of the car from a raised position, but got there in the end.  I can tell you the shovel i took down from the lodge was in demand in the car park.

Mudhoney - 11 August 2017 09:47 AM
geniass - 10 August 2017 06:56 PM

We got up there (Perisher) on Monday. It was absolutely INSANE! It was snowing when we got up there just after first lifts and it didn’t stop all day.

We were getting fresh pow runs from first lifts to last lifts basically. We even had one lift to ourselves mid afternoon - how good is a pow day when the whole lift line is just you and your mates!

Monday was legit up there with some of the best days I’ve had in Japan for pure fun and stoke levels. A few moments were as cold as that too - took spare balaclavas and glad we did - the husbands got damp from face shots and actually froze!

Stoked you got the 420PH out and had some fun on it! Were you planning on taking it north in 2018?

I was very distracted at work on Monday watching cams etc.  A damn shame we missed it, but still had a good weekend.  It was bucketing down on Sunday when we left.

Yeah I bought the 420 specifically for Canada, not really expecting to get it out that often in Aus LOL

Have yet to board in Japan as it tends not to line up so well with school hols and seems expensive for a longer stay.  Definitely keen to check it out at some stage, though.

Here’s my car on Sunday morning around 10:30am ie. before the 50cm++ that followed through Sunday.  You can see it was still puking down.

@Mudhoney  japand not that expensive unless you are high maintenance!
im taking my 10yr old daughter next feb. using points to get there so taxes are 500 then ive scored 11 nights atboth hakuba and myoko then 1 night in Tokyo and its 1200 for both of us with breakfast at all places. when we are myoko suginohara has kids ski free and its about 50 a day for an adult. cant see the states or Canada getting near that price!

brenno - 11 August 2017 03:56 PM

@Mudhoney  japand not that expensive unless you are high maintenance!
im taking my 10yr old daughter next feb. using points to get there so taxes are 500 then ive scored 11 nights atboth hakuba and myoko then 1 night in Tokyo and its 1200 for both of us with breakfast at all places. when we are myoko suginohara has kids ski free and its about 50 a day for an adult. cant see the states or Canada getting near that price!

Sounds great, can you post or PM me where you’re staying so I can take a look?  We’re definitely not high maintenance.  Only real requirement is ski-in/out or close to.  Don’t want to have to drive/hire car.

Middle of snow season and this place is quiet .....

BTW

I cant log in to the site from my phone
Keeps coming up with errors

Caboose - 16 August 2017 07:20 PM

BTW

I cant log in to the site from my phone
Keeps coming up with errors

Hi mate,Try clearing your phone’s cache, has held me up before

@Mudhoney  where do you want to go? I reckon myoko is probably
better with kids as the 2 resorts at akakura have some nice groomed long runs for kids. we are staying
at a place called petit for you lol funny name but good reviews on tripadvisor I think from
memory its 580 for 6 nights with ensuite and breaky. the ensuite is a big one with kids, hard to get,
and my daughter woudnt want to be showering with randoms in a onsen showering area.