The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

2014 season

Just measured myself, i’m 155cm.

leasha101 - 15 January 2015 12:52 PM

No I haven’t I don’t really know anything about different types of boards. I guess i’m just looking for an all round board.

Yeah when you put it that way getting my own will be way better. I just don’t want to get ripped off when it comes to getting it because i’m new to the sport.

Feel free to hit us up on Facebook if you need to ask a question. Most shops if they feel like they got someone they can rip off will sell them a board that’s too big or too small or a wide version when they don’t need it.

This is cause they have extra stock they need to get rid of and the standard sizes (150-158) are easy sales.

The BW shop is run by Jeremy who posts on here all the time and loves the sport and is eager to help you out if you need. Plus we are all here to help if you want to post in Social you’ll get a ton of responses.

—————————————-

If you want something all mountain, go for a camber or hybrid board and get it around the 148-150 mark I’d say.

E.G.
Board: https://www.boardworld.com.au/yes-snowboard
Bindings: https://www.boardworld.com.au/snow-shop/snowboard-bindings/now-ipo-binding-large-white-orange
Maybe not large if you got small feet lol.

Would probably be more than enough smile

Okay thanks TJ

I’ll have a suss in social and get onto Jeremy cheese

Just saw this. Hit me up for sure, Leasha! I’ll look after you. thumbsup

EDIT: Just send you a PM. grin

Just saying but this is a a little unfair:

“Most shops if they feel like they got someone they can rip off will sell them a board that’s too big or too small or a wide version when they don’t need it.”

Most decent shops are boarder run and boarder staffed and I can’t see “most” shops trying to screw people over and ruining the experience of a potential repeat customer. A few bad eggs maybe, but not most.

^ This.

Don’t mistake market economics as a ploy to “rip ppl off.”

Esp in Oz, we have an extra set of mouths to feed in the chain of things compared to the N. American market (ie. Oz distributor.)

Conversely, I might have had a bad experience with a shop that everyone has raved on about. (Which I have,) or had great service with a shop that seems pricey and therefore I put my money in that shop (which I also have.)

Also that being said, I noticed that the shops down under have gotten very competitive within cooee of their overseas pricing. That means someone(s) in the chain has made the decision to take a hit on their $$$, exchange rate notwithstanding.

I understand the need to get the best price, and sometimes not everyone can give the lowest price due to their running costs, but don’t mistake it for trying to be shady.