The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Patagonia One Piece Suit

This actually looks pretty awesome for cold powder days. My inner nerd wants one. They make them for women too.

After numerous requests from our ambassadors, we designed this one-piece suit for ice climbers, alpinists and skiers who pull on their baselayers and don’t take them off until the action ends. The one-piece design eliminates the extra seams and potential cold spots of a traditional top and bottom layering system. Made from the warmest and most breathable baselayer in the Capilene® family, this suit has a soft, stretchy feel and a smooth face that glides beneath layers. The brushed fleece interior insulates, wicks moisture and rests smoothly against your skin. Details include a high collar and self-fabric hood with anatomical shaping to hold in heat, a long center-front zipper, thumb loops to keep sleeves in place, a fully functional fly and a side-zip drop-bottom. Made of 3.8-oz Polartec® Power Dry® High Efficiency™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Fabric is bluesign® approved.

Details
Polartec® Power Dry® High Efficiency™ fabric has a smooth jersey face for easy layering
Open grid next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance
Spandex adds stretch and ease of movement
High collar and self-fabric hood with anatomical shaping for coverage and warmth
Long center-front zipper vents body heat
Thumb loops for secure hand coverage
Fully functional fly and side-zip drop-bottom
3.8-oz (129-g) Polartec® Power Dry® High Efficiency™ fabric (solids: 92% all-recycled polyester/8% spandex; heathers: 91% polyester (30% recycled)/9% spandex), with Polygiene® permanent odor control
363 g (12.8 oz)
Made in Colombia.

Material
Recycled Polyester
We recycle used soda bottles, unusable second quality fabrics and worn out garments into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.

Isn’t this almost the same as Airblaster Ninja Suit?

Looks pretty much like what I use on a super cold day. But mine doesnt have a hood or thumb loops.
I use a Kokatat (paddling gear) polartec fleece onsey.

The hood is where it’s at. I think that’s one of the best features. How many times have you got powder all down your shirt from a spray in the face? This seals you right up.

I’d really like to see this available in a midweight option though. I think being sealed up like that with expedition weight materials would get too hot after a couple of laps.

rider26 - 11 October 2013 04:52 PM

My inner nerd wants one. They make them for women too.

You’re almost making it too easy!  LOL

Doh! teacherboy

rider26 - 14 October 2013 11:09 AM

The hood is where it’s at. I think that’s one of the best features. How many times have you got powder all down your shirt from a spray in the face? This seals you right up.

I’d really like to see this available in a midweight option though. I think being sealed up like that with expedition weight materials would get too hot after a couple of laps.

airblaster have some with hood as well.

Ya, this is what I was saying before. Wonder what the main difference is.

Sweet. They are probably very similar to be honest. Patagonia is expedition weight and I am guessing more expensive.

I doubt you can compare the quality of Patagonia to airblaster

Which is better? I have no experience with both of them. I know Patagonia makes gore tex jacket but that’s about it

Patagonia makes top quality gear. I haven’t seen or compared either, but you can only assume Patagonia would be the better quality (which will probably be reflected in the price). Is it worth the difference in price? I guess that’s the better question to ask. wink

I always wonder with these one suits how do you pee? And do you still wear underwear below it?

skip11 - 16 October 2013 05:35 PM

I always wonder with these one suits how do you pee? And do you still wear underwear below it?

They’ve got a Gusset in the front so ya can get ya Knob out!!!!!

Takin a Dump is a whole other thing!!!!! Unless it’s got a Flap at the back!!!!!

Do you wear undies under ya Thermals now????? I don’t cause it kinda defeats the purpose I reckon!!!!!

Patagonia makes amazing gear. I have so much of their stuff. I’m actually wearing one of their belay jackets right now!

However, looking at that one piece, the legs are too long - your socks will bunch up

@Mizu: Yeah I do wear underwear under my pants baselayer now. So it’s underwear (boxer brief), baselayer, snow pants.