The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Review: UE Boom Wireless Speaker

The only downside I can see is if the battery dies eventually it isnt replaceable.

At first glance I thought, yea sweet another speaker system, blue tooth that’s cool, water resistant means I don’t worry about the snow conditions. But why would I spend 200 bucks on it?
Well the longer I had it the more I realised how crappy sound is on other devices like my laptop, car stereo, smart phone.
It’s the only speaker I have that gives you wicked bass and can fill a decent area with mad beats.

K2_TeacherBoy - 09 October 2013 01:35 PM

The only downside I can see is if the battery dies eventually it isnt replaceable.

hmmmm this a major concern for me!

this little beats is an epic piece of equipment.
perfect to take pretty much anywhere and its volume output will not disappoint.
you will def be frothing if you get your hands on one of these.

I brought one on Thursday.. And I’m loving it!! Will be awesome for picnics and summer bbqs it has awesome sounds quality and doesn’t distort the bass, which is awesome.. Mr.h0z played with it for a bit and brought one on Friday lol!

I’ve also seen that people have customized them… So even bigger win for me!!

Mr.h0zs mum,has the beats pill.. And this is louder, clearer, and plays more bass.. And was $60 cheaper.. Also its splash resistant!!

I just got mine yesterday. Ended up going with black. Sleek and cool looking. If I get another one I’ll prob go a color one or white one so I can draw on them.

Sound is awesome.

I had a funny way of testing out the range. We went into town to pick up my car from the night before. So I left the speaker on in my brothers car. And when I was driving behind him in mine, I connected it and played it on full volume! LOL My bro and mate said it was so bloody loud and it scared the shit out of them!

Im gonna use this thing for some pranks as well as general use too me thinks evil

Hahaha I used it for my first prank on Saturday night. We had some friends over for Canadian Thanksgiving dinner. Just as we all sat at the table, I pumped the Canadian national anthem at full volume. No one knew what the hell was going on. LOL

LOL  clap

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode when bart gets that microphone speaker thing as a birthday present (little Timmy down the well episode). Super funny when he pranks Rod and Todd Flanders. “Rod and Todd, this is god.” snake