The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome - Let’s start with an introduction…

Hi all. First post on boardworld. My name is Jac - short for Jacqueline - but I’m definitely not a Jacqui!

A little about me:

Where do you live?
Canberra

Do you snowboard, skate, and/or surf?
Snowboard. First season this year. Tried skiing several years ago and hated it with a passion - this probably kept me from going back to the mountain and trying snowboarding. Wish I had done it earlier.

What is your “home” mountain/beach/skate park?
Perisher

What made you join Boardworld?
I’m on a few other forums for various interests and I know how valuable they can be. I found boardworld not long after my first weekend boarding this season when I was looking for something to keep me sane before my next snow weekend. It’s been pretty damn useful so far for tips and hints.

Tell us something interesting about yourself:
I’m into motorbikes in a pretty big way. I also dabble in a bit of mountain biking as well.

Welcome, Jac!

Always good to have some more girls on here & glad that you’ve been bitten by the snowboarding bug!

Welcome Jac!!!

Join us in the other sections!!!

Welcome to Boardworld Jac! smile

Great to have another girl and fellow Canberran shaka

Hey everyone,

I’m Alysha and I’m from Adelaide South Australia.

Why did I join the forum.
Main reason I wan’t to go and work a snow season in Canada in 2014 and want to talk to some people who have done, who are going to do it and how they will/did it. Also talk to more boarders!

I’ve been boarding once in NZ and fell in love with the sport and I can’t wait to get back to it.

Hobby/Interest
I play ice hockey which I absolutely love! I’ve only been playing for two seasons so still new to the sport but I love it and don’t think i’ll be leaving it anytime soon.

So that’s about it for now, I did post something on here today titled 2014 season if you could have a peek at it and know anything about the topic that you could pass onto me that would be sweet!

shaka

Hi Leesha!

Welcoem to BW shaka

I know this is off topic, but I’ve been trying for ages to set my profile pic I’ve re sized to make sure it’s small enough. It just keeps saying something went wrong when we were trying to do this. Ahh I just wan’t to set my picture lol. Can someone please help   shut eye

Hiya

So, new to the forum…..I’m Sarah

Where do you live?
Brisvegas. Moved here about a year ago from Glasvegas

Do you snowboard, skate, and/or surf?
Just snowboard

What is your “home” mountain/beach/skate park?
No home mountain ‘sob’

What made you join Boardworld?
Needed some gear advice and wanted to find out more about the scene here.

Tell us something interesting about yourself:
I’m a mum to wee 4 yr old boy. I love sun but miss the snow.

leasha101 - 29 December 2013 10:30 AM

I know this is off topic, but I’ve been trying for ages to set my profile pic I’ve re sized to make sure it’s small enough. It just keeps saying something went wrong when we were trying to do this. Ahh I just wan’t to set my picture lol. Can someone please help   shut eye

How to upload an avatar

shaka

Welcome again SnowBoardBabe shred

Welcome ladies! smile x

Live in Whistler BC.. From Halifax, Nova Scoita, Canada
And I’m addicted to winter !!

Welcome!

And you have come to the right place then!

Thanks OZ ! Been a Boardworlder since early 2011.. Via Finney
Was CBradio or something but couldn’t get back on that account.
So I slacked from this site for a while but good to be back smile