The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Canada Mega Thread - Information and Advice

rider26 - 20 August 2014 10:39 AM

With the hockey, I’ll have to let you know closer to the time. I may actually try to pick up a job on the weekends, so I’m not sure just yet if I will be able to join. I’ll know more when I get to Canada. No need to wait for me to book tickets if it gets to that point.

Yeah mate makes sense and no worries at all there’s zero pressure from me as I’ll probably book myself a ticket soonish anyway (it’s kind of a bucket list item so don’t want to miss out)  It looks like we’re going to have plenty of opportunity to catch up anyway! Think I remember reading something about you doing snowmobiling last trip considering that myself so might have to dig it up.
Starting to get exciting! dance

rider26 - 20 August 2014 09:31 AM
RhysL - 20 August 2014 06:13 AM

My GF

Hahaha sorry mate. I get to do that now. flushed

EDIT: Oh man, can that girl dance! ^^  kiss

EDIT 2: Yes, I watched the clip.  cool hmm

haha jez you’re not the first and won’t be the last. we just had our 4 year anniversary last month.

i’d been keen on canucks as well. haven’t been to a game of theirs yet - my friends might be keen too so we might add 4 too the group. will let you know for sure.

My partner and I got some jobs this morning so we are Canada bound! Off to Jasper in October. Where is a good place to get boards etc while in Vancouver?

danho - 26 August 2014 09:25 PM

My partner and I got some jobs this morning so we are Canada bound! Off to Jasper in October. Where is a good place to get boards etc while in Vancouver?

West 4th Ave between Burard st and Pine st (just so happens i live 5 blocks from here) there is a string of shops such as boardroom, Comor, pacific boarder and The White Room all next to each other. These are good (not better than buying online obviously) but you can usually pick up a good early season deal depending on when you arrive (november is ideal)

We will be lobbing up in mid October. Spend a few days in Vancouver and then start making our way to jasper

danho - 26 August 2014 09:25 PM

Killer! That’s great to hear. I hear back next week my GF has her interview and I’m expecting to hear back about how I went. Fingers crossed!

Where did you and the missus apply?

danho - 31 August 2014 01:55 AM

Where did you and the missus apply?

Sunpeaks. Had friends there last season & TJ made it too hard to not apply there!
GF just landed a bartender gig this morning (I’m still waiting to hear back)

I’m keen as balls!

I was tossing up Sunpeaks after reading through this thread and seeing your mate posting about his time there but got a job at Marmot through an agency. We leave in 6 weeks. I want to make a trip to sun peaks to check it out

danho - 04 September 2014 11:49 PM

I was tossing up Sunpeaks after reading through this thread and seeing your mate posting about his time there but got a job at Marmot through an agency. We leave in 6 weeks. I want to make a trip to sun peaks to check it out

Just got the confirmation, got the Lifty job!
Sweet, PM me when you do and by then then I’m sure I can show you around.

Who did you end up going with for Insurance Dave? i forgots, just in the process of looking at some now.

I went with world nomads again

*punch in WNSAVE in the discounts code and you get 10% off

deanobruce - 06 September 2014 04:49 PM

Who did you end up going with for Insurance Dave? i forgots, just in the process of looking at some now.

Hey mate,

I ended up going with AAMI again for my primary travel insurance and have my included credit card travel insurance as a backup (believe they use zurich which doesn’t do off piste but has better rental car coverage)

Interesting, cheers mate.

Hey guys, anyone had any experience with getting a new IEC Letter of Acceptance after it expires?

EDIT Found an answer but since I don’t know how to delete this post here is the info if anyone else needs it:

If your IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter has expired, you will have to restart the IEC application process by submitting a new application through your Kompass account. You will have to pay the participation fees again. You will be reimbursed for not using your first Conditional Acceptance Lett