The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Eager Beaver Sydney Rail Jam - June 6

Devo shut eye

Confirmed: Invite only.

So who is going to this? Since its in about 2 weeks…

I’ll be there, with Mr.h0z and possibly a few extras..

i think im gonna go to this, depends if i have the day off

Bump..

any one else, besides Rick and I going?

h0z - 26 May 2013 08:26 AM

Bump..

any one else, besides Rick and I going?

Yup me and my girl will prolly be there!! smile

Yay more people!!

jezz, Kim, spaz, tj, lano, nbg?? Any of you going??

Maybe, some gonna let me use a camera? :D

Maybe, I got soccer practice that night but I might bail on it since I won’t play that weekend anyway smile

Oz, I have a spare dslr you can borrow, (canon 450D - and a few lenses…)  if you like? Have you got a cf card? If not.. I have a 16 gb one.. (I can always put the photos on a disk or if you have a USB, I can copy them and give it back to you..

also tj.. Do iiiit!! Haha

RIDERS ANNOUNCED FOR THE EAGER BEAVER SYDNEY RAIL JAM

Australia’s best snowboarding talent has been announced for the Eager Beaver Sydney Rail Jam happening on Thursday June 6th at Manly’s Hotel Steyne competing for $5,000 cash! 

Transfer Magazine’s Editor, Alex Cameron says “It is so rad to be able to bring Australia’s best rail riders together for a high level event in Sydney right before the season kicks off. The Sydney Rail Jam will showcase the rapid progression in Australian rail riding that has occurred in recent years and set the standard for the upcoming winter. The riders are pumped to spend a few days at the Hotel Steyne and put on a show for the crowd on Thursday night. It’s the perfect way for the public and the industry to kick off season 2013!”

Professional snowboarder Jye Kearney of Jindabyne is “frothing” for the event “I can’t wait to go to Manly and catch up with everyone before the season, snowboarding’s fun, it gets me excited to get up everyday and go shredding with my friends and have a good time!” said Jye.

Jye won the Erina Billy Jam Event held last weekend and had a string of successes last season including being crowned Stairmaster at Style Wars, Jye is coming in hot to the Sydney Rail Jam but with the pool of talent riding the cash could go to anyone.

The Sydney Rail Jam is Australia’s richest off-mountain snowboarding event with competitors riding for a piece of the $5,000 cash prize purse, ensuring snowboarding’s finest perform the not only technical, but stylish moves on a custom built set-up engineered by PowderPakOz and rails provided by Thredbo Resort to be unveiled on the night of the competition, so be sure to get down!

2013 Sydney Rail Jam Invitees
Jye Kearney
Jake McCarthy
Richie Carroll
Jordy Crockford
Tom Pelley
Owen Newman
Harry Crean
Beau Williams
Tom Reilly
Louis Macindoe
Pete Long
Nic Harvey
Troy Sturrock
Billy Hayman
Joel Cantle
Samm Neumann
Jed Davidson
Tim Laidlaw
Tim Nelson
Cohen Davies

Cash Prizes
1st $3,000
2nd $1,000
3rd $500
Xpreshon Best Tricks $500

Drop by the Sydney Rail Jam website; (http://www.sydneyrailjam.com), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SydneyRailJam) Twitter (https://twitter.com/SydneyRailJam) and Instagram @SydneyRailJam for more news and giveaways.

Event Details

What: Sydney Rail Jam Snowboard Contest

Where: Hotel Steyne, 75 The Corso, Manly, 2095

Who: Australia’s best snowboarders and snow fanatics

Why: Compete for $5,000 and celebrate the 2013 opening season

Cost: Free entry, 18+, from 6pm

Sponsors: Transfer Magazine, Thredbo, Corona, Xpreshon, Arnette, Vestal Watches, Bataleon Snowboards, Switchback Bindings, L1 Outerwear, PowderPak Oz, Balmoral Boards, Elm, Mountainwatch.com, Boardworld and the Hotel Steyne.

Mr.h0z and I just scored VIP tickets to this (from the guys at balmoral boards in narrabeen! (it pays to vist your local shop almost weekly!! They guys there have been nothing but helpful.. Not only to us, but to all our friends we drag in there for gear.. They have even stayed open for us a few times, ))

That’s awesome, Holly. smile

Thanks, are you and Michelle going jez? smile

Not sure at this stage unfortunately. I hope to but not looking likely.