The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Need help with my ollie

So this will sound weird but I’m much better at nollie-ing whilst riding/ rolling, like I can get really high, 180 it, all that, anyway, my biggest annoyance is that I can’t, for some reason, Ollie at all on concrete or whilst rolling, like, on grass I can do phat ones, like really high Ollie’s and land, but on concrete I just screw up, I also can’t nollie off of a gap, so if someone could give me tips for that, that’d be greatly appreciated

Welcome to BW, @Fogbojboards.

It sounds like you have all the skills you need to piece this ollie together.

Have you tried challenging yourself by trying to ollie over a very small obstacle? You could use a small rock or even just draw a couple of lines with chalk. Sometimes having a visual cue and obstacle in front of you actually helps you execute the ollie properly.

Also, check out this video we produced a while ago…

rider26 - 14 March 2018 05:28 AM

Welcome to BW, @Fogbojboards.

It sounds like you have all the skills you need to piece this ollie together.

Have you tried challenging yourself by trying to ollie over a very small obstacle? You could use a small rock or even just draw a couple of lines with chalk. Sometimes having a visual cue and obstacle in front of you actually helps you execute the ollie properly.

Also, check out this video we produced a while ago…

Yeah, every time I even get close to an obstacle or gap, and I’m going to try to “jump” over it, I freak out and bail, today I’m gonna record how far I actually go but I feel like my biggest problem is timing