The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Canada Mega Thread

Has anyone ever worked housekeeping? its the first interviews we have received at Sun Peaks and Big White. What could we expect in regards to work and ride time? if offered a position is it worth taking the job and then if another offer comes up later changing jobs?

@kerrodp

It’s day work, low pay and isolation. If you get nothing better, yeah sure you still get a day or 2 off to enjoy the snow and occasionally you’ll get half days due to low amounts of work but there are definitely better jobs.

Who offered you a job at Sun Peaks? Delta or a 3rd party?

@TJswish
Yeh i thought it would be like that. Its with Sun Peaks Grand Hotel. Only applied yesterday along with lifty jobs etc for the resort and they were the first back.

@kerrodp

Ahh they renamed the Delta.

Positives working there is that you can get staff accom with the lifties etc.
Free access to their pools and gym too

Negatives are about everything else…
And it’s not hard to sneak into the hot tubs and pools.

hey @kerrodp
just out of interest, did you apply from Australia? Or are you in Canada right now?
Good luck with the interviews mate

@Quincy
Still here in oz, have a Skype interview lined up

kerrodp - 13 August 2017 11:15 AM

@Quincy
Still here in oz, have a Skype interview lined up

Awesome, Did you go through a program like WHC or anything or just sent out resumes?

@Quincy
Na mate, just applied online through the website, just applied for everything

@Quincy
had the interview this morning, wasnt really an interview it was pretty much just a get to know us/job offer. plenty of jobs on offer in the housekeeping department and you have a couple of options.
im thinking of maybe contacting the lifty department to find out if they have started theirs yet as id much rather a job with them. but will take anything i guess.

@TJswish
i’ve sent you a PM too suss out some more info.

@kerrodp
Ahh cool. Good news. Yeah, can’t hurt to keep your options open. Thanks for letting us know.
When are you heading over?

@kerrodp
Ahh cool. Good news. Yeah, can’t hurt to keep your options open. Thanks for letting us know.
When are you heading over?

@Quincy
Heading over around November 24th, let us know how you go

@kerrodp
Yeah sweet, Im heading over November 26th.
Will do. I have an interview for the same position I think at the Sun Peaks Grand at 8 am friday

Replied to you guys. Thinking they are trying to fill the shit jobs first honestly. And if you’re probably only doing 1 like most people, I’d be trying to get the awesome jobs on snow with riding time rather than cleaning peoples rubbish in the hotel.

But you might like that stuff. Indoors is also warmer haha.

@kerrodp
They offered me a few different housekeeping positions day and night. It’s hard to say no cause of the pass and accommodation with your own room included. Plus it’s close enough to big white and others to check out some other resorts. I accepted for now and ill just see what else comes up. They send you out a contract to sign so hopefully nothing to serious if I change my mind haha,