The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld — Introduce Yourself Here!

Probably not the best place to put this up, but here we go. We need support for our local diy spot. anything helps… https://www.gofundme.com/longacres-diy?d=138403468

Also you can follow us on IG @longacres_diy

Best of luck with the campaign, @chadillac75621. Looks like a cool spot!

Whereabouts in Seattle is it? I might have to check it out next time I’m there (which is in a couple of weeks).

Welcome to Boardworld!

Melbourne - 19 January 2017 05:58 PM

Hello everyone !!!

i am new in the forum .And i am from Melbourne Australia Market Place . I am here for tell about out market place store .

Hillo, I am Kuma of Mizu!!!!!

Telling for me market place story!!!!!

Hey Everyone!

I’m Shades and I’m 28 years old from Melbourne, Australia. I got bitten by the snowboarding bug a couple of years back in 2015 on my first snow trip to Mt. Buller with my mates…I took me 3/4 of a day and a really sore backside to finally get the hang of it but I have loved every second of it!

Since then I’ve been hitting the snow over in Queenstown, NZ and most recently Blue Mountain, Ontario. I’m so keen for a session over in Whistler and Japan is also an absolute must for me.

When I’m not working on my turns and shredding the powder I’m bodybuilding and working full-time in the Telecommunications industry as a Security Consultant. I’m hoping to enter my first competition this year and finally step on stage! I’m also interested in photography.

I’m excited to join a community made up of such awesome people and look forward to getting to know you all.

Finally, here are some pics of me:

My Current set up. Photo was taken at Mt. Buller last year.

I also enjoy falling out of aeroplanes… LOL

I didn’t make that snowman.

Cheers!

Welcome to Boardworld, @Shades_^! shaka

Hi All!

Well time for me to say hi. I’m Kylie and got hooked on the snow yonks ago after a random visit to Canada 15 years ago when I was 17. But only got my first new complete set up last year from boardworld best decision ever.

I joined the girls day back in 2015 and met a bunch of awesome people from boardworld last year! One of the best trips to the snow ever. I’m definitely keen to shred with them again.

I’m not the best on a board but I love just getting out there and trying to improve each year.
I’m finally planning to be a snow bum this year. Found myself a kombi and planning to explore a few new places.

Some of the crew from a trip to Perisher last year.

A pic from Igls, Austria. I was sick as a dog but figured what better way to get over it then going for a ride and drinking mulled wine.

See you all at the snow!!!

Great photos, @Kyls08! Always a blast with those awesome ladies! shaka

Welcome to the community, officially! wink

Hi Boardworld,
Adrian here, mid 30’s and from western Sydney.
I singed up to BW for the graphic design and guess and win comps and found this a great place for information, I’ve learnt so much clicking through different threads.
Ive only been boarding for a few years but have been back every year since I was able to!
I learnt on a quick weekend away at Mt.Selwyn with some buddies, had a few days at Perisher the following year, and then booked a week in Thredbo the year after with the wife and kids to introduce them to my love of snow. We all had an awesome time and that holiday will be one to remember forever. We had freshies everyday! one day up to 50cm!, the kids picked it up like naturals, night skiing.. we even met Torah bright in the village.

We have been back to Thredbo every year since, but this year I pulled the trigger on a perisher epic pass.
Planning on being there most weekends this season and even thinking about Whistler next year on the same pass.
Looking forward to meeting some of you guys over the season !

Thanks for the intro, @adr10n. I won’t say “welcome to Boardworld” because I know you’ve been a part of the community for a while now. wink

Stoked to hear the family is hooked and enjoying their time at the snow. We have a little one on the way in a few weeks and I can’t wait to teach “it” (as we’ve been calling him/her, haha) how to snowboard.

You should totally make it over to Whistler next season. Would be great to catch up! ?

Hey Boardworld people,

My name is Tristan,

I have been lurking for a while now but finally got around to setting up an account!

I am from Hobart, Tasmania and currently the snow buyer for Hobart’s only snow store. I’ve been snowboarding on and off since 98’ and love snowboarding, mountains and a self confessed gear whore,always frothing on new boards and gear!

I also bodyboard and have been since 94’. Tassie is an awesome place for boog waves with lots of wedges, reefs, points and beachies- just bloddy cold.

I used to skate quite a bit, but only cruise on my longboard now due to too many injuries!

My wife and I have a 4 month old son who I am looking forward to sharing the stoke and froth of snowboarding surf and skate with!

Cheers and here is to a great 2017 snow season in Oz!  shaka

Welcome to Boardworld, @TGSHRED! shaka

Thanks for joining the community and introducing yourself. ?

rider26 - 13 April 2017 06:59 AM

Thanks for the intro, @adr10n. I won’t say “welcome to Boardworld” because I know you’ve been a part of the community for a while now. wink

Stoked to hear the family is hooked and enjoying their time at the snow. We have a little one on the way in a few weeks and I can’t wait to teach “it” (as we’ve been calling him/her, haha) how to snowboard.

You should totally make it over to Whistler next season. Would be great to catch up! ?

Thanks @rider26  and congratulations on your little one! and best wishes on your new little family. 
I have booked Whistler next year from the 20th jan for 10 days! I cant wait! Definitely would be great for a catch up!  beers

Kyls08 - 22 February 2017 10:12 PM

Hi All!

Well time for me to say hi. I’m Kylie and got hooked on the snow yonks ago after a random visit to Canada 15 years ago when I was 17. But only got my first new complete set up last year from boardworld best decision ever.

I joined the girls day back in 2015 and met a bunch of awesome people from boardworld last year! One of the best trips to the snow ever. I’m definitely keen to shred with them again.

I’m not the best on a board but I love just getting out there and trying to improve each year.
I’m finally planning to be a snow bum this year. Found myself a kombi and planning to explore a few new places.

Some of the crew from a trip to Perisher last year.

A pic from Igls, Austria. I was sick as a dog but figured what better way to get over it then going for a ride and drinking mulled wine.

See you all at the snow!!!

I know I’m a bit behind the 8 ball but great to see you on here cuz grin

Hey guys.

Just found the site and joined up reading some really good info. Never snowboarded in my life just yet, have wanted to for years. But finally just getting into now.

I’m 28 in the albury / wodonga area. Love getting to the snow in my 4wd and keen as to get into snowboarding, and my little man is keen to learn to. Going to get him a cheap board for his 5th birthday in july to see how he likes it ?

Welcome all! And hiiiii Kylie! shaka billy