The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What exercise did you do today?

Surf session today in solid 4-5ft bondi, and 90min of bikram yoga this afternoon. Love it!

Today: 1.5hr surf session, 10km bike ride and gym session!

Did an 8km walk today followed by an 2hr surf session!! Bloody knackered!

1.2km swim!!!

My employer moved us to a new health insurance that basically allows you to choose (almost) any gym near you and pay as you go. After 8 visits in a month, any subsequent visits are free. Pretty good deal IMHO.

So after a bit of a break (2 months!) following the recent winter trips up the mountains, which involved a lot of eating and drinking, I made my first trip to the closest gym. 30 mins of HIIT on the bike, 15 mins of core, 15 mins of bench and then 10 mins of bike. Not much but I felt it.  Tomorrow is going to hurt but planning on cruising the 18km Wombat Track out at Woodend on the MTB to keep it up.

Want to smash out both Whistler (3 weeks) and Japan (1 week) this coming Jan-March, so in the words of George Constanza, I am back in business baby!

Just did a 55km XC Mountain Bike Race.

Beat my time from last year by 36 minutes too! Super stoked on that smile

Back at it after a month off in the freezing cold!!

1.2km swim and 1 hour surf session.

Today: Walk to the beach and surf 1.5 hours and bike ride and gym session 1 hour. Feeling good!!

After my long weekend antics i’ve been feeling a little a flat… So to speak.

I smashed it today however, and I’m feeling a little more human wink

2 x 1.5hr surf sessions. 3km run, 30 pull ups, 30 push ups, 30 crunches and 30 dips. Stoked

As I’m working on a new ship in the stinking heat of tropical north my fitness regime has been somewhat restricted.

Ive resorted to doing 50 push ups every day, i figure something is better than nothing. Not to mention working in the humidity sucks the life outta me!!!

My goal is to reach 100 by the time i leave in 4 weeks. GET SOME!!

Been hitting the pavement of late (not literally of course) but running on it!

Clocked the miracle 10km mark today!

Hi Kids,
This old duck has stepped it up a notch.  Walking to the gym and back every week day (it’s not close!), and got a trainer whooping my butt 3 times a week with weights, HIIT etc
After a pretty shitty Autumn I actually feel fitter than I have been in 20 years!
Boom!
Ready for ski season!

LMB - 01 June 2016 09:08 PM

Hi Kids,
This old duck has stepped it up a notch.  Walking to the gym and back every week day (it’s not close!), and got a trainer whooping my butt 3 times a week with weights, HIIT etc
After a pretty shitty Autumn I actually feel fitter than I have been in 20 years!
Boom!
Ready for ski season!

Just came back to this - PB and I did take the training up a notch, even with injury (badly injured ankle for me, hurt back for him) we kept at it and recovered quicker than expected.

The end result was a fantastic trip to Chile.  We could not have done what we did if it had been 12 months before.  Fitness and strength and flexibility played a huge role in our level of enjoyment.  And also in recovery from injury/accident.

I ate sh!t in epic fashion on day one.  So hard that the Avi Airbag went off by itself.  Was really hurt.  If I wasn’t as flexible or strong I think I would’ve done some serious damage to my back.  As it was I got up, dusted off and kept going.

Training for the last few weeks has been rehab focussed on puting the pieces back together.  But will be ramping back up again with the goal of being even fitter for next season.  Less heli, more hiking!

Some stretching, squats, walking and jogging! Exactly what I needed after a stressful day at work.

Walking 2km in the park.