The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Z Flex

Anyone had one of the z flex cruisers or any of the other boards? Im thinking of getting one because the streets round my house are super rough and it would be great to have a board to cruise round on but still be able to ollie and stuff.

Z-flex has a long history in skating. I reckon they would be pretty good cruisers. A buddy rides for them on their Aus street team and the boards seem pretty good.

If I was in the market for a cruiser I’d be looking at them.

If your on the creative side like me, you could cut a cruiser shape into an older board then set it up with what ever hardware tickles your fancy.

If your looking at full set ups Krooked Zip Zinger and Zip Zaggers are pretty sick set ups.

Are you looking for a small, fat or long cruiser? And do you still want to be able to do some tricks on it like ollies and grinds?

I set up my “cruiser” with big and slightly softer street wheels so I could still actually skate with it as well as cruise. NOt as smooth and fast as a pure cruiser though

The Z-Flex cruisers are really nice boards and have come a long way. The only thing is if you are planning on doing ollies, they go out the window. Reason is because of the deck shape, it doesn’t really lend itself to that style of skating.
You can always convert a “street” board into a cruiser, as K2 was saying. If you want it to be smooth look at some 60mm wheels with a hardness of about 78a. With the bigger wheels you will need to get some risers under your trucks, around the 1/4 inch mark. Sometimes you can get rubber ones instead of plastic ones which will again make your smoother.
If you want to buy one, K2 mentioned a good option of the Krooked cruiser range, if not check this one out.

https://www.boardworld.com.au/products/santa-cruz-rasta-jammer-9.2-skateboard-complete