The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Tips for riding with a broken distal radius.

Oh well! You should know the consequences because your determined to ride that’s not yet totally heal. Good luck man!  cool grin

Mizu Kuma - 26 August 2014 10:39 PM
LMB - 26 August 2014 05:46 PM
iamaperson - 26 August 2014 05:40 PM

yea seems like you might just have to suck it up. if you ride up switch you might want to get a large stomp pad or have one there for your foot, I’ve done a chairlift switch and boy do you miss having grip under your free foot.
I’m sure you’ll work it all out though, you can experiment a bit and find whatever method is the most comfortable.

Oh!!! I know that nightmare!!!
I was on a hired demo board at Hotham few weeks back (yeah, when I broke my arm) NO stomp pad and a super slippery top sheet - holy crap, the combo of that, and fixed grip lifts with good sized unload ramps AND obstacles to avoid (hellooooopeople, getoutofthefeckingway!!!) meant I landed on my ample arse more times that trip than I have in my entire snowboarding life!!
Maybe. I won’t be riding up switch wink

Rub a bit of wax on the top sheet, and try jammin ya boot up hard against the back binding!!!!!

I don’t even worry about puttin stomp pads on unless I win a free one that looks cool!!!!! Hahahaaa!!!!!

Never considered the wax option.

Haven’t had a stomp pad in years, got new board, forgot to get one then never bothered again.

phyllisbliss - 09 September 2014 06:31 PM

Oh well! You should know the consequences because your determined to ride that’s not yet totally heal. Good luck man!  cool grin

Was last week phyllisbliss.
All good shaka
I was careful.

Even went back to kickboxing today, although no actual boxing yet.  Leg day.  Every day - leg day wah
That’s gonna hurt.