The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Austria’s Amazing DIY Skatepark

Austria’s Wörgl DIY spot has moved into its sixth phase, and it keeps looking more and more amazing…this place surely rivals Burnside for DIY awesomeness. The locals began building it in 2005 and never looked back. What do you think, is this the best DIY spot on Earth? Feel free to post photos/videos of other epic DIY spots!

All photos courtesy of Hannes Sautner / Confusion Magazine.

That’s insanely good for a DIY spot.

I can’t imagine how much time and dedication it takes to pull something like this off. It looks incredible!

Really? Wha? You got to be kidding me. Australian councils should take a look at this because I have seen some doozies local built. That is an excellent job even has rails concreted in.

That is bloody crazy that it is DIY. They obviously have a lot of skill/experience, money and time. It looks like a professional park. Better really. Guess its because it’s being built by people who want to skate it.

I like DIY to be a bit dirtier, sketchier and less perfect tho. Makes it feel more gnarly and DIY when it is really raw. I skated the Cons Project in Melbourne and it was boarder line too clean. Felt like an indoor park. Was sick none the less and had some gnarly stuff.
I just like to see more DIY street spots ths. DIY parks i supose

Simple amazing!