The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Getting back into skating

If you’re wobbling and feeling unstable, tighten the kingpin and it will stiffen up your trucks giving more stability.

Yeh initially tightening them up will definitely help. Though, I find that I get less wobbles with looser trucks now. I think it is because my muscles are used to looser trucks, so I can hold a steady platform, and let the trucks adjust to terrain underneath me with out my feet reacting and then over compensating to changes. Make sense?

Bombing any hills can be a disaster if you get some wobbles. Trucks is one thing but also bend your knees to lower your gravity and this will stabilize the board to reduce the wobs.

Make sure you have a grass exit ready.

thanks guys - i’ll have to tighten up the trucks a fair bit more.

I actually got the wobbles pretty early on which was lucky cause if I had gotten up any more speed I wouldn’t have been able to run it off!
I think its just a confidence thing too, also my last board was quite old therefore VERY slow so I wasn’t used to it.

New board is awesome by the way!

new trucks will always need tightening, when I change trucks I usually skate around with a tool in my pocket and tighten every now and then until happy with how it feels.
speed wobbles will happen if you havnt been on the board for a while, as you get use to the speeds and more comfortable you’ll notice them disappear almost completely.
Just never try fight the wobble, hold still haha.
Have fun!