The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Declan Vogel-Paul Qualifies for Finals of World Cup

DECLAN VOGEL-PAUL QUALIFIES FOR THE SNOWBOARDING WORLD CUP FINALS

Declan Vogel-Paul is currently Australia’s best slopestyle rider and he’s only 17. Over the past 12 months Declan or ‘DVP’ as he’s known has progressed well beyond his years with Transition snowboarding, solidifying his riding and getting doubles on lock. Recently, he’s gained recognition with his qualification for the World Cup finals, going up against riders like Torstein Horgmo, Staale Sandbeck, Mark McMorris and Charles Guldemond in the most stacked World Cup ever held. You can watch his qualifying run here.

“Im really happy with the way I’ve been riding lately and Im excited to be competing against the guys who make up the top 20 in the world. Hopefully I can step it up and stick my run tomorrow and finish well, I’ve really got nothing to lose.”

Declan will be competing in the World Champs in Stoneham Canada next week, trying to post another great result in order to reach his dream of qualifying for the newest Winter Olympic event – Snowboard Slopestyle at Sochi 2014.

You can catch Declan in the World Cup at Copper slopestyle live on NBC in the US or in Australia on Foxtel - Eurosport 511 on the 12th of June at 4pm.

Declan would like to thank his sponsors – Oakley, Bataleon Snowboards, Bonfire Outerwear, his coach Will and Jarrod & Christine at Transition Snowboarding for all their support.

http://www.declanvp.wordpress.com

Watch this lad, he rips shaka

Killing it. He has a big future ahead of him. Let’s go Declan! cool grin

Representin!! Aussie!