The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

what is your current setup? what do you want next?

anywhere from 7.75-8.25 is usually standard.

Blanks can be one of two things. A company that provides good quality boards at a good price or just someone taking advantage of skaters. Sometimes it is worth spending the extra coin to have a deck that last longer.
The advantage of going up in board size is the fact that you have larger surface area to land on, but also that larger surface area spreads the load so makes breakages harder. It can be a the difference between having an easy board to manipulate or less likely to snap. Once again it comes down to you about what you would like to skate.

Duly noted. Thanks for the advice and tips. I think I’ll stick to 7.75 for now, at least until I improve my technique and form.

My current setup smile

24 skateboards 8.5
MOB grip
Bones reds
Spitfire F1 58mm
indy 149s

loving it

oh, and just got new Fallen shoes

Write up a review on the 24 deck when you have been skating it for a bit.

will do! I love it so far

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 28 September 2012 02:35 AM

My new set up atm:
24 Skateboards 8"Deck
Indy Koston hollow trucks 139 (new)
Spitfire F1 Street Burners 52mm (new)
Modus Titanium Bearings (new)
Thunder Medium Bushings (new)

Next im about to buy a couple of the new 24 Skateboards 8.25 Lightbulb decks. Been waiting for ages for them to release wider boards. Cant wait

Few upgrades/changes for me now

24 Skateboards 8.25"Deck Lightbulb Series - Hillbilly
MOB grip
Indy Koston hollow trucks 139
Spitfire F1 Street Burners 52mm
Modus Titanium Bearings
Bones Medium Bushings

CJ I know you said I should be up a truc size for 8.25 deck, and I will once these trucks are stuffed,  but for now the still feel pretty fine and dont look too small under the 8.25

Loving being on a wider deck again. I really liked 24 but was going to go back on cliche cos of width, but now on their new boards and it feels great. Wil post a review soon.

Bones bushings I am absolutely loving! I liked the thunders, but the felt like they died in responsiveness prematurely. Bones I didnt like straight away, but after a few days riding, they wore in and feel amazing. So cushy, but rebound so good.
I even noticed bombing hills I dont get any lower speed speedwobbles

Also, I am back on Nike SB Janoskis and loving it again. My Emerica G Codes were good, but got nothing on Janoskis

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 24 October 2012 03:23 AM
K2_SnatchCrewSader - 28 September 2012 02:35 AM

My new set up atm:
24 Skateboards 8"Deck
Indy Koston hollow trucks 139 (new)
Spitfire F1 Street Burners 52mm (new)
Modus Titanium Bearings (new)
Thunder Medium Bushings (new)

Next im about to buy a couple of the new 24 Skateboards 8.25 Lightbulb decks. Been waiting for ages for them to release wider boards. Cant wait

Few upgrades/changes for me now

24 Skateboards 8.25"Deck Lightbulb Series - Hillbilly
MOB grip
Indy Koston hollow trucks 139
Spitfire F1 Street Burners 52mm
Modus Titanium Bearings
Bones Medium Bushings

CJ I know you said I should be up a truc size for 8.25 deck, and I will once these trucks are stuffed,  but for now the still feel pretty fine and dont look too small under the 8.25

Loving being on a wider deck again. I really liked 24 but was going to go back on cliche cos of width, but now on their new boards and it feels great. Wil post a review soon.

Bones bushings I am absolutely loving! I liked the thunders, but the felt like they died in responsiveness prematurely. Bones I didnt like straight away, but after a few days riding, they wore in and feel amazing. So cushy, but rebound so good.
I even noticed bombing hills I dont get any lower speed speedwobbles

Also, I am back on Nike SB Janoskis and loving it again. My Emerica G Codes were good, but got nothing on Janoskis

All greatness. Those 24 boards are nice I have my setup thanks to BW.

I run the Bones bushings in Ventures feels amazing (more cushioning for the pushing) and got the Jenoskis wink

Hey K2 you should be fine with the 139mm. I find that Indy’s tend to be slightly wider than some other trucks.
Eventually I would say going up a size would be better for locking on for grinds. More hanger area to grind.

Glad everyone is enjoying bones bushings, seems like it was good advice that has been getting shared and loved.

Also I am interested to hear a review on the 24 boards from someone. They seemed to be getting some real love in a good way. Would love to get my grubby little hands on one.

My setup :

Almost Rodney Mullen deck
Jessup grip
Bones reds
Indy trucks & mounting bolts with stock bushings
54mm/97A Ripper wheels

Next I want to try the Powell ligament boards or something similar (do they still make the ligaments ? they sound good in the Powell FUN! dvd..)

Setting up a new board shortly.

24 Board - 8.25
Indy 139mm Reynolds - Stock bushings. I had the Bones but after use they got a bit too soft for me.
Spitfire 51mm Formula 4’s
Bearings - Not sure just some cheaper ones.
Hardware - Royal
Grip - Grizzly