The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

FYVE + Boardworld Graphic Design Contest 2012

FYVE SNOWBOARDS AND BOARDWORLD PRESENT THE 2012 GRAPHIC DESIGN CONTEST

Welcome to the 2012 Graphic Design Contest presented by FYVE Snowboards and Boardworld.

THE BRIEF:

Design the topsheet and base graphics for a new snowboard. The top three designs win the prize packs.

THE PRIZES:

First prize: A custom built 2013 FYVE snowboard with your graphics printed on the snowboard. You will be able to choose what size, shape, flex, and camber profile you want your snowboard to have. FYVE are also throwing in your choice of any FYVE t-shirt, a Limited Edited FYVE Leather Jacket, and a FYVE Snap Back Growl Hat.

Second prize: Your choice of any three FYVE t-shirts, a Limited Edited FYVE Leather Jacket, and a FYVE Snap Back Growl Hat.

Third prize: Your choice of any FYVE t-shirt, a FYVE Camo Hoody, and a FYVE Snap Back Growl Hat.

THE RULES:

You must submit a topsheet and base design together for one valid entry.

You must use the supplied snowboard templates for the outline of your design. There are three templates; high resolution PDF and PSD templates to work on (your choice which one you use, and we will need this only if you win), and a PSD submission template for submitting your initial entries into this thread as a JPEG (see ‘SUBMISSION TEMPLATE’ below).

You must submit your design into this thread on the same sized template as the JPEG template supplied below.

You must submit your design into this thread. Information on how to post images on the forums can be found here.

If you would like your name and/or website URL attached to the design, please mention your name and/or website URL when you submit your entry.

All entries will be posted on the FYVE and Boardworld Facebook pages: http://www.facebook.com/5FYVE and http://www.facebook.com/bwnews

You may submit one entry prior to July 15th, 2012 (6pm AEST), and one entry after July 15th, 2012 (6pm AEST).

If you do not submit an entry prior to July 15th, 2012 (6pm AEST), you may only submit one entry in total. You may only enter twice if your first entry is submitted before the July 15th deadline.

You can only win one prize. For example: if you submit two entries, you can’t win first and second prize. We will count your best entry if you are a winner.

All artwork and/or photography used should be original, or sourced from credible royalty-free providers. Please seek appropriate permission before using copyrighted material.

The artist maintains all rights to their artwork. FYVE Snowboards will in no way use your designs for any other purpose.

The winning design will be a one-off print for the winner. There will be only one snowboard printed with the winning artwork.

This contest closes at 6:00pm on Friday, August 31st, 2012. We will not be accepting any entries after this deadline. The winners will be announced the following week.

This contest is open to worldwide entries.

The winners will be chosen by the lead designers at FYVE Snowboards.

ARTWORK GUIDELINES:

All artwork is to be designed at 300DPI, in AI, EPS, PDF, or JPEG format.

If you are working with a non-vector artwork, make sure you work on a canvas sized at 1200mm x 280mm.

Remember to save all files in CMYK.

Please download and design your artwork on the PDF vector template found here. Alternatively, you can use the PSD file found here (right click on the link and select ‘Save Link As’ or ‘Save Target As’).

Do not submit your artwork using the file above. We will only require the high resolution file if you are the winner.

All submissions are to be submitted on the JPEG template below. Please submit your designs in this thread as a JPEG, at the same size as the template below. The PSD version of this template can be found here (right click on the link and select ‘Save Link As’ or ‘Save Target As’).

If you have any questions or need the working files sent to you, please email: promo(at)boardworld.com.au

JUDGING:

All artworks will be reviewed and judged by the lead designers at FYVE Snowboards.

Designs will be judged on the following criteria: originality and idea, artwork quality and professionalism, artwork aesthetic to suit snowboarding, and how well the artwork fits the snowboard.

SUBMISSION TEMPLATE:

Please use the the PSD preview template found here (right click on the link and select ‘Save Link As’ or ‘Save Target As’). Please submit your enties into this thread as a JPEG as seen below. Please post your entries into this thread at the same size as the template below. If your design is chosen as the winner, we will need the design emailed to us as per the ‘SUBMISSION GUIDELINES’ above.

WICKED!!!!!!1

Those are some pretty awesome prizes! Can’t wait to see peoples entries.

Just one question. Last design comp you had to include the brand logo on it. Do we have to inlcude anything Fyve or Boardworld related in the design?

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 19 June 2012 05:10 AM

Just one question. Last design comp you had to include the brand logo on it. Do we have to inlcude anything Fyve or Boardworld related in the design?

Good question

If you want to win hahaha

LeBron_MVP - 19 June 2012 05:36 AM

haha, but yeh it doesnt actually specify.
Reason I ask, cos if it doesnt, then any designer can submit any design they have had sittin round for how ever long. Instead of actually designing something for the comp

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 19 June 2012 05:10 AM

No, you don’t. We want to give contestants complete creative freedom.

Cool no worries smile

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 19 June 2012 05:41 AM
LeBron_MVP - 19 June 2012 05:36 AM

haha, but yeh it doesnt actually specify.
Reason I ask, cos if it doesnt, then any designer can submit any design they have had sittin round for how ever long. Instead of actually designing something for the comp

That wouldn’t matter anyway. It would be super easy for a designer to slap a logo on it. The judging criteria should weed out designs not made specifically for this contest. It has to work for the snowboarding market and also needs to fit the shape well.

If last years entries are anything to go by, this forum is gonna be full of some sweet eye candy before you know it drool

Great contest! Really looking forward to seeing what people come up with. Last year’s comp produced some outstanding designs, so I have no doubt that this year will be even better again.

Am I allowed to employ the services of my designer fiance to help me with this comp? I can come up with some ideas for sure, but I’ll need some help actually getting them onto the template.

Tills - 19 June 2012 06:25 AM

Great contest! Really looking forward to seeing what people come up with. Last year’s comp produced some outstanding designs, so I have no doubt that this year will be even better again.

Am I allowed to employ the services of my designer fiance to help me with this comp? I can come up with some ideas for sure, but I’ll need some help actually getting them onto the template.

shhhhhsshhhhhh

***just don’t tell anyone ***

Have passed this onto a graphic designer mate of mine, i told him if he wins i get the board.
he replied “i want to try boarding so if i win im keeping it”

Well that backfired…

This comp is amazing! I’m so keen to get to work on designing something.

Is anyone else having probs with that pdf template??

If you are, i have re-drawn in and saved it as and EDITABLE pdf which is only 10kb instead of 40MB. If any one wants it hit me up and ill email it to you, or if the mods want to host it on here just let me know and ill send it over